PDA

View Full Version : How tight is too tight??

newg
07-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Lately I've been worried about if I'm making DD's straps too tight on her blvd/diplomat.....I know the rule of thumb is to make the straps tight enough so you can't pinch any of the strap up....but just doing that doesn't seem tight enough for me, so I tighten until it's tight against her body (if that makes sense)......it seems like such a fine line between not tight enough and too tight....is there a better way to tell?
Abviously I just want to keep DD as safe as possible if we get in an accident, but I also don't want her to be uncomfortable!!!

Joolsplus2
07-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Snug on her shoulders, like a bra band..firm, but not pressing into her flesh. The rest of the harness will be fairly loose over the torso, so just concentrate on that collarbone area.

arivecchi
07-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Good to know. Thanks Jools!

newg
07-28-2009, 11:28 AM
OKay, I think I have been going too tight.......thank you!!!

Joolsplus2
07-28-2009, 01:25 PM
That's an easy thing to do in that seat, the harness adjuster is so smooth I've had to yell out to some dads before they crush their kids in the Roundabout (same seat) when they give a hefty tightening tug, lol. (Marathon? Radian? You need to put a little muscle into those and it's way harder to get it too tight)
:)