PDA

View Full Version : Washable crayons?

Melaine
07-28-2009, 02:34 PM
This is probably a dumb question, but how important is it that I get washable crayons for my girls? They are SOOOO much more expensive (or is it just me) and I am really tempted to get the HUGE box which doesn't come in washable (or is that just me too?).

They will only be coloring at the kitchen table in their tripp trapps, so this is not about the walls or floors getting colored. My question is, will regular crayons really really stain clothing and never come out? TIA!

egoldber
07-28-2009, 02:56 PM
I've never had a problem with crayons. I hate the washable ones, because I think they are softer, break more easily and get kind of melt-y.

Markers OTOH, washable is the only way to go.

Melaine
07-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Ohhhh washables are softer??? That makes a lot of sense. I kept thinking they were breaking much more easily than the ones I used to have. That makes sense.

*shudder* markers are scary! We won't be using those yet, but yes washable markers sound like a great choice. Thanks Beth.

alien_host
07-28-2009, 03:04 PM
I haven't had a problem with crayon (regular or washable) on clothing. I don't think it really gets on clothes like the markers do.

BTW, Target and Walmart have boxes of 24 Crayola crayons for like 25 cents. I *think* target does IIRC it wasn't marked but scanned for 27 cents (read that here somewhere). Kids this age don't seem to care about the variety of colors that the really big boxes have...like the Burnt Sienna ;).

Melaine
07-28-2009, 03:06 PM
I haven't had a problem with crayon (regular or washable) on clothing. I don't think it really gets on clothes like the markers do.

BTW, Target and Walmart have boxes of 24 Crayola crayons for like 25 cents. I *think* target does IIRC it wasn't marked but scanned for 27 cents (read that here somewhere). Kids this age don't seem to care about the variety of colors that the really big boxes have...like the Burnt Sienna ;).

Thanks, yes I actually did pick up some of the 25 cent Target ones, which is what inspired this thread:love-retry: You are probably right about the colors, my DDs just want to both have a purple crayon and they are happy!

MamaKath
07-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Personally I stay away from the washable ones. They tend to break more easily than regular ones.