PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me the main differences btwn. Ergo and Beco?

spanannie
07-28-2009, 10:25 PM
DD is almost 13 mos and 22.5 lbs and 30.25 in. I want to find the most comfortable carrier for the both of us. Thanks!

krocodile
07-29-2009, 05:11 PM
I've never tried an ergo, only the beco so it's really hard for me to compare them... Here's a good comparison chart until someone with experience with both can answer:

http://www.theportablebaby.com/carrierfeatures.html

Also check out the http://www.thebabywearer.com/, you might get more answers if you post in the forum there...

urquie
07-29-2009, 07:49 PM
dd2 is 13 months and about 18 lbs. i have both and definitely prefer the ergo. i'm not sure what it is about the beco, but it's just not as comfortable and i find it harder to adjust. i feel like the ergo is sturdier and will be better as dd2 gets bigger. i haven't used the beco in about 6 months... it sure is pretty though. :)

Neatfreak
07-29-2009, 08:54 PM
I have both, and I like the Beco better for infants (I find it offers more support - I have the Butterfly V2) and prefer using the Ergo for toddlers (quicker and less fussy to get in and out).

pomegranate
07-30-2009, 04:26 PM
I have both an Ergo and a Beco Butterfly 2. I bought the Ergo first, when DS was around 10 months and loved it. Then I also got the Beco around 15 months. The Beco does come in prettier fabrics, but that's not why I prefer it since I just got the plain chocolate brown one. The Beco feels more comfortable to me once I get DS in. It does take a little more work and is a bit more confusing getting him in there, but once it, it's more comfy. Also the Beco is lighter and not as padded so it's easier for me to throw in the diaper backpack. And the Beco is US made, compared to MIC for Ergo. One other difference is that, if used on an infant, the Ergo requires you to buy an extra infant insert whereas the Beco comes with one.

SnuggleBuggles
07-30-2009, 04:32 PM
I have tried both. I think the Ergo is bulkier. I also think the Beco fabroc is softer. The big thing for me though was the inant "pocket." Put baby in pocket of carrier, put carrier on. Made it so much more accessible and user friendly for me than the Ergo. It just gave me a bit of confidence. I don't feel like there is a major difference in terms of useage, like number of buckes, accessibility of buckles...

I googled NINO in my city and went to a meeting so I could try them on before buying. Very handy!

Beth