PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, wencit!

Wife_and_mommy
07-28-2009, 10:39 PM
She had her little boy a week ago.:cheerleader1:

KrisM
07-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Congrats!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Clarity
07-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Congratulations!! Hope you and your family are doing well.

arivecchi
07-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Yay for boys!:bouncy:

kijip
07-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Congrats Wencit and family. Welcome baby-boy Wencit.

dcmom2b3
07-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Welcome sweet boy!

shawnandangel
07-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Welcome little man! I can't wait to hear all about you!

ThreeofUs
07-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Congratulations! Hope you are all doing well and can't wait to hear about the new little guy!

MontrealMum
07-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Congratulations :yay: Can't wait to hear more :)

citymama
07-29-2009, 02:40 AM
Hurray - congratulations! Hope mama and baby are doing great.

SnuggleBuggles
07-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Yay! Congratulations!!!!

~Beth

JTsMom
07-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Congratulations! Welcome baby boy! :yay:

KpbS
07-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Congratulations to you!

missym
07-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear all about your sweet baby boy!

wencit
07-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Aww, thank you, mamas! You are all so sweet! :love-retry:

DS2 was born via scheduled c-section on July 21st weighing 7lbs 5oz, so apparently that gestational diabetes diet worked, because based on my size, my doctor was confident he'd be AT LEAST an 8-pounder.

Everything was going great during the pre-op until I was lying down on the operating room table and was still waiting for the spinal to completely take effect when all of a sudden, I felt my doctor's scalpel cut into me! :eek: I said, "Ouch!" and heard my doctor comment to the assisting surgeon, "That's not what you want to hear from your patient right before surgery." Um, yeah, you think?! Then the anesthesiologist started swabbing me with this cold stuff to see if I was numb in certain places. Yes, I could feel it on my face. Yes, I could feel it on my arm. No, I couldn't feel it on my left leg. YES, I COULD FEEL IT ON MY RIGHT LEG, AND FURTHERMORE, I CAN STILL WIGGLE MY RIGHT TOES!!! Needless to say, I started freaking out internally in the operating room and started having visions of them going through the c-section with me not being completely numb and feeling everything. (I actually think there was one mom here who had that happen to her, and I was totally recalling her story in my head.) Then I heard the anesthesiologist mutter, "Sh!t" under his breath. OK, "sh!t" is really NOT the word you want to hear from your anesthesiologist before surgery. Apparently he had to redo the spinal to make it take on the other side, but soon enough, I was mercifully numb.

When DS2 was pulled out, they had DH announce the gender (we kept it a surprise), and a flood of emotions ran through me when I heard, "It's a boy!" -- so much so that I started to bawl uncontrollably and couldn't say a word. A nurse asked me if those were tears of joy, and I just nodded. I was so happy to be done with the pregnancy, thrilled that DS1 now had a little brother, amazed at this beautiful, tiny creature that came from my body -- but I would also be lying if I didn't say a small part of me was crying for the daughter I would never have.

Since then, I have completely fallen in love with DS2 and those gender emotions have mostly disappeared, although I suspect I will forever have a small pang of occasional wistfulness when I see an adorable baby girl with her mom. DS2 is a pretty good sleeper and nurser, so I have no issues with him at all. Since he's my last child, I'm just trying to enjoy his babyhood as much as possible, as I know how fleeting this time is.

DS1, however, is another story. He loves his little brother and is always kissing him, stroking him, cuddling him. However, he's lashing out like crazy at me, DH, and Grandma. Everything is, "No! I don't want to!" and the temper tantrums are out of control. DS1 used to be this really sweet, mellow kid, so it's especially hard to watch right now. I KNOW he misses being the center of Mommy's attention and resents the amount of time the baby takes up, so we've been trying to be patient and give him as much extra love as we can, but it doesn't seem to be working. Any words of advice? I know this will eventually pass, but it's completely breaking my heart to watch DS1 be in so much pain. :crying:

Thanks again for the warm wishes.

jgenie
07-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Congrats!! So glad everything went well - enjoy your new little prince!! :)

arivecchi
07-29-2009, 02:08 PM
DS1, however, is another story. He loves his little brother and is always kissing him, stroking him, cuddling him. However, he's lashing out like crazy at me, DH, and Grandma. Everything is, "No! I don't want to!" and the temper tantrums are out of control. DS1 used to be this really sweet, mellow kid, so it's especially hard to watch right now. I KNOW he misses being the center of Mommy's attention and resents the amount of time the baby takes up, so we've been trying to be patient and give him as much extra love as we can, but it doesn't seem to be working. Any words of advice? I know this will eventually pass, but it's completely breaking my heart to watch DS1 be in so much pain. :crying:

Don't worry about it! He will adjust to things quickly and very soon you will have your sweet boy once again. I just went through this and DS1 was difficult for about 1.5-2 months. We then all adjusted to the new routine and the new member of our family and DS1 has been great ever since. I have tried to include him as much as I can in his baby brother's car and he loves that. Now he is so proud of his little brother! I have to be careful because he wants to hug him hard! I also left DS1 with DH a couple of times during that time and did something special alone with DS1. That was helpful as well. Enjoy your two boys!

eliasmom
07-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Whoa, no kidding "Oh s*&$" is not something you want to hear out of ANY doctor's mouth when you're in the OR. So glad it went ok in the end and that DS2 is such a good baby. Congratulations!

vludmilla
07-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Congratulations!

mommyp
07-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Congratulations!!

amandabea
07-29-2009, 11:15 PM
wow, what a story. congratulations to you and welcome baby boy!

MamaMolly
07-29-2009, 11:23 PM
:yay: Congrats!

Wife_and_mommy
07-30-2009, 03:28 AM
:eek: on the anesthesia! So glad it worked out well.

Thanks for sharing your story. :)

elephantmeg
07-30-2009, 05:41 AM
congrats to you all!

elephantmeg
07-30-2009, 05:45 AM
d as much as possible, as I know how fleeting this time is.

Thanks again for the warm wishes.

really this too shall pass. It gets so much better but it is soooooooo hard. Just take one day at a time.... what worked the best for us was 1:1 time with mommy (coloring, playdough) and then playtime with others where he could be rambunctious (we kept him in part time daycare for the first 6 wks). That allowed me to bond with the new baby and heal from the c-section. DS now is fine, they love each other, they share mommy (most days!) it really does get better