PDA

View Full Version : price for britax blvd?

mimi2008
07-29-2009, 12:02 PM
It's been a while since I looked into carseats (been obsessing over strollers :bouncy:) but I need one for my car. I think I'm going with a britax blvd but don't know what it's going for now days. Is $259 (with free shipping) a good price?-- oh, I just found a 10% coupon for the site so it'll be around $239-- is that good? Tax not included yet.

JanBaby
07-29-2009, 12:41 PM
I just bought a BLVD from Albee Baby for $219.99 tax and shipping included. They told me the manufacture date would be 2009 - it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow so I'll post the actual DOM once I have it. That was the cheapest price I've seen although some other posters have stacked multiple coupons at BRU to get a little lower.

http://www.albeebaby.com/britax-boulevard-convertible-car-seat-in-madison.html

shoxie
07-29-2009, 12:43 PM
There was a crazy deal on Amazon a little while ago on one girly print of the BLVD - and we were lucky enough to grab that. We paid $189, but I've never seen that price before or since without stacking coupons at BRU or some such. I've seen them at times go for around $200 or so - I think the $219 at Albee is a good deal.

catroddick
07-29-2009, 02:20 PM
That's a good deal if you don't like girly prints. I justy paid $252 for the Blvd at Diapers.com. I needed "Cowmooflage".

feisao
07-30-2009, 01:26 AM
That's a good deal if you don't like girly prints. I justy paid $252 for the Blvd at Diapers.com. I needed "Cowmooflage".

Can you let me know what the DOM of your Boulevard is? I'm thinking of jumping on that offer as well, but a little leery of getting an "old" carseat.

catroddick
07-30-2009, 10:24 AM
It will be here today (I ordered it Tuesday night!). I'll let you know once it arrives.

stracedh
07-30-2009, 10:26 AM
If you don't mind, where did you order it from and where did you find an extra 10% coupon?

JanBaby
07-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Just got my Blvd from Albee Baby with a DOM of February 10, 2009.

catroddick
07-30-2009, 04:19 PM
OK, my seats just arrived from Diapers.com. My Blvd has a MD of May 13, 2009. I also got a Diplomat with a MD of May 20, 2009.

I am really, really happy with Diapers.com. I ordered Tuesday night, and the seats arrived today. And that was free shipping.

AnnieW625
07-30-2009, 04:45 PM
that's awesome Catroddick, enjoy your new seats!

feisao
07-30-2009, 09:01 PM
OK, my seats just arrived from Diapers.com. My Blvd has a MD of May 13, 2009. I also got a Diplomat with a MD of May 20, 2009.

I am really, really happy with Diapers.com. I ordered Tuesday night, and the seats arrived today. And that was free shipping.

That's awesome. I'm still debating whether to jump on the offer. Our baby is only 6 months old and still has plenty of room to go in her Keyfit 30. Might just wait for the next Britax sale.

Thanks for the info.

catroddick
07-31-2009, 01:57 AM
Yea, I jumped early. I needed the Diplomat for my Mom's car starting next month. She's going to start watching DD a couple times a week, and our Safeseat is just too heavy for her with the baby in it.
I really won't need the Blvd until December or so, but thought I'd grab it while the grabbin's good.

arivecchi
07-31-2009, 10:56 AM
FYI - DS2 is 6 months now. I switched him to our Boulevard at 5 months and he is so much happier in it that I wish I had done it earlier! He hits the snooze button as soon as I place him in the Blvd. Must be comfy! :ROTFLMAO:

stracedh
07-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Just ordered a BV for $259 which seems to be the going rate on about 10 websites. FYI, if you don't need a seat til mid-Sept, Baby Catalog has a pre-order for $228. Fabric seems fairly neutral. There are similar closeout prices for girly prints on many of the sites.

feisao
07-31-2009, 02:40 PM
FYI - DS2 is 6 months now. I switched him to our Boulevard at 5 months and he is so much happier in it that I wish I had done it earlier! He hits the snooze button as soon as I place him in the Blvd. Must be comfy! :ROTFLMAO:

If DD was fussy in the Keyfit 30, switching to the BLVD would be a no brainer for me. However, she only fusses when we initially put her in, but she then falls asleep in the infant seat pretty easily.

It was just tempting to get the BLVD at such a great price and DOM.

AnnieW625
07-31-2009, 05:14 PM
If DD was fussy in the Keyfit 30, switching to the BLVD would be a no brainer for me. However, she only fusses when we initially put her in, but she then falls asleep in the infant seat pretty easily.

If the seat that you like is on sale now I would go ahead and get it now. These sales are much better than the spring sale IIRC (I think those were only 10 or 15%, not the full $50!) so there is no guarantee what the next sale will bring. We bought our Marathon six months before we actually used it but we didn't feel like we lost that much because we liked the color (light green color that I didn't see except at Target and only that spring) and we'll be using the seat until March, 2012 when it expires, and DD is 6 and or we have another child.

feisao
07-31-2009, 05:28 PM
If the seat that you like is on sale now I would go ahead and get it now. These sales are much better than the spring sale IIRC (I think those were only 10 or 15%, not the full $50!) so there is no guarantee what the next sale will bring. We bought our Marathon six months before we actually used it but we didn't feel like we lost that much because we liked the color (light green color that I didn't see except at Target and only that spring) and we'll be using the seat until March, 2012 when it expires, and DD is 6 and or we have another child.

That's really good to know. Might have to reconsider AGAIN :)

Thank You.

arivecchi
07-31-2009, 05:34 PM

I hear ya. I did not like the infant car seat much and my SIL needed one, so I had no problem switching him to the Blvd. I might have felt differently if I liked the infant car seat better or used it more (I only used it in the car). DS2 is also a big boy, so I knew he'd be more comfy in the Blvd. I'd take advantage of the sale too! Last spring, babycatalog had an additional 10% off on Britax. I think the coupon was britax10. I wonder if that still works.

arivecchi
07-31-2009, 05:42 PM
FYI, if you don't need a seat til mid-Sept, Baby Catalog has a pre-order for $228. Fabric seems fairly neutral. Great price!

stracedh
07-31-2009, 05:54 PM
I thought it was too. Wish I could wait that long. My ds is at the 1 inch point now in his Keyfit 30 and I didn't want to chance waiting that long just to save $30. Maybe it will save somebody else some $$.