PDA

View Full Version : No So Scary Halloween Party?

KrystalS
07-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Anyone done it? Is it worth the extra cost? We have a 2yo, 5yo, and 2 9yos going.

Octobermommy
07-29-2009, 11:24 PM
I haven't been but I have heard it is better than the Christmas party. We plan to go this fall, my dd loves the villians.

egoldber
07-30-2009, 07:22 AM
We went this past October.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd do it again. I thought it was pretty lame, the candy lines were long, and it just wasn't really worth the money IMO.

ETA: One of the main reasons we went was to see the villains and we barely saw them except for the parade (which was also kind of lame).

BeachBum
07-30-2009, 09:12 AM
We went two years ago. I thought the parade and fireworks were fantastic. The rest of it was kind of lame.

egoldber
07-30-2009, 09:23 AM
I will admit that the parade had a technical difficulty the night we saw it and there was a several minute delay. Which no doubt colors my perception of it LOL!

BabyMine
09-14-2009, 11:48 AM
We are going this year. I hope it isn't that bad. Luckily my SIL is a biologist at Epcot so we wouldn't be losing any money if it is lame. Hopefully it isn't. We are going to try and go on a weekday.

zweihund
09-24-2009, 08:59 PM
If you go for the sole purpose of getting candy, you will be disappointed. The lines can be long at times. That being said....if you get there right when you can get in, you generally have less wait times for the rides and the park is a bit less crowded than during the day. The parade is really fun.

Just keep in mind Florida weather is somewhat unpredictable - try to plan on a costume with layers so you won't be too cold or too hot. I went as Princess Leia one year and between the wig and the dress I thought I was going to pass out from the heat. At NIGHT!

It's fun, just be prepared to walk and wait. The decor is awesome.

clc053103
09-25-2009, 08:38 AM
We went this past October.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd do it again. I thought it was pretty lame, the candy lines were long, and it just wasn't really worth the money IMO.

ETA: One of the main reasons we went was to see the villains and we barely saw them except for the parade (which was also kind of lame).

We have heard this exact thing from so many people. In addition, DS isn't really big on wearing costumes. We skip it every year as well.

Momof3Labs
09-25-2009, 09:52 AM
We've skipped it because it is such a late night. Our kids do better at WDW if we start our day early and wind down earlier, even with a midday nap/rest. But then, my kids don't sleep in the stroller.

firstbaby
10-03-2009, 08:27 PM
We just went this past week and it was awesome! We hit the MK during the day and then went back to the resort for a rest/nap around 2pm. We didn't go back into the park until 7:30 and the parade started at 8:15. The parade was not super packed so we got great seats and didn't feel like people were trying to step on us for a better spot / view , etc. The rides were not crowded at all - we walked onto a lot of them without a wait or a super short wait. We didn't do most of the trick or treating as my younger one has a nut allergy, but the rest of it was really cool. Also, the characters that were out for photos were also in their "halloween costumes" Super cute!