PDA

View Full Version : How soon can I buy my dress?

tmmartilik2005
07-30-2009, 02:14 AM
We are a couple of teachers in the process of paying for grad school, and who have a very limited budget for a wedding. The good news is that we probably have 1.5 - 2 years until the wedding - if I buy my gown really early (say a year) to help offset the slew of expenses we will incur closer to the wedding, what are the chances it will discolor? Or . . . fall apart? We're trying to have an under $5,000 wedding, because neither of use will be getting help to pay for it :-)

Wife_and_mommy
07-30-2009, 02:47 AM
If you have a place to store it, I'd buy whenever. My only concern would be if there was any weight fluctuation that might alter the dress fit.

epistle
09-14-2009, 01:09 PM
lucky you to have the *time* to look for a bargain! I was floored last month when I saw a truly beautiful and new wedding gown in the window of the thrift store next to my gym. You never know what you'll find when you have the time to look...... best wishes!

marielamicheals
04-23-2011, 02:31 AM
There is no too soon unless you buy it before you even have! Lol. Honestly, sounds like it's just about right to be looking. Less than a year away. So that is one less worry for you.

Keely
04-26-2011, 04:03 PM
I would just save the money and buy the dress closer to the wedding. I bought my dress ahead of time and it would have been fine except I got really sick and when the wedding came around I needed to get the dress refitted which cost more money. I would put the money into an account and ear mark for your dress. I would get the things you know won't need changing like custom wedding invitations (http://www.mygatsby.com/wedding-invitations/custom-wedding-invitations.html) although I guess booking the reception and wedding places and dates is the most important.