PDA

View Full Version : Vacation nightmare over!! So excited

hillview
07-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Some of you saw my post about vacation being cancelled to the UK due to MIL's concerns about H1N1.

We have now booked a trip to San Diego!! I got a KILLER deal on priceline ($85 a night for a 4 star hotel! WOOT!!).

We are spending 3 nights at WDL (at the Holiday Inn) and then 4 nights in San Diego. We plan to go to Sea World, Legoland and the San Diego Zoo.

Any tips??

Just thought I'd share ... also need to sort out which strollers I will take. Both kids will need to ride. P&T is not as flexible I am thinking. Options are BabyJogger, Quinny Zapp, Zooper Waltz. Or I could get a Maclaren. DS #1 is 4 and 43 lbs (so slightly over the Zapp and Waltz limits). DS #2 is almost 2 and 33 lbs.

/hillary

brittone2
07-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Sounds like fun, and wow, what a great deal!

SnuggleBuggles
07-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Sounds great! Except, try as I may I can not figure out what WDL stands for (and I am sure once you say it I will feel like an idiot b/c it's obvious :)).

Beth

catpagmo
07-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Sounds like so much fun! Super deal!

WDL...is it Walt Disney Land??

SnuggleBuggles
07-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Sounds like so much fun! Super deal!

WDL...is it Walt Disney Land??

That was my guess too. I guess I am so used to CA just being called Disneyland that I don't put the "Walt" in there.

Beth

poppy
07-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Have a good time!

San Diego Wild Animal Park is supposed to be fun with its safari and giant air balloon--sort of close to Legoland.
I love Coronado Beach--really beautiful.

I'll be in your neck of the woods next month!

AnnieW625
07-30-2009, 10:36 AM
I was thinking it was Disneyland too.

I would take whatever stroller you have that is a double, if the Baby Jogger is a double I would take that. If you don't have a double already and don't mind taking two strollers then I would take the stroller you love the most for DS2 and get a Maclaren Triumph (I like it over the Volo and even my 3 year old sleeps in it with the 1 recline) for DS1 or just rent a stroller for him where you think you will need it most. I wouldn't go to DL without a stroller for a less than 5 year old. DL rents Baby Jogger Q series for $12 a day, and Sea World also rents strollers but I don't know what they charge. Sea World does rent double strollers, but not sure about DL. It's been a long time since I have been to Zoo so I don't know what strollers they rent there, but you could check their webpage.

May I ask what 4 star hotel you got? I only say this because you may need to budget extra money for parking each night, esp. if you are downtown or in certain parts of La Jolla. However even if you do have to pay $30 a night you still got an amazing deal on your hotel.

hillview
07-30-2009, 03:00 PM
We got manchester grand hyatt
I think parking (self) is $22. But that is fine given the savings we have.
Thanks!
/hillary

AnnieW625
07-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Awesome, be sure to go to the 44th floor of the original hotel because it has amazing views of the bay, however I don't know if the new hotel goes as high and has views, definitely ask at the check in desk! If you don't want to do breakfast at the hotel there is a Ralph's Supermarket not too far from the hotel in the Gaslamp district.

KpbS
07-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Sounds super fun! Have a great time :)

mom2binsd
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
See this thread...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=330739

The Hyatt is very nice (good deal!).close by for easy walks check out Seaport Village, there is a lot of little bridges, ducks, horse carriage, and views of the Bay to look at....cute touristy shops, some casual places to eat, Ben &Jerry's and a old fashioned carrosel (sp?).

Ralph's is really close by like Annie said, it's a nice grocery store...yes, the Top of the Hyatt is a great place for drinks and a view (although maybe not with kids...are you bringing MIL with you so she can watch the kids a few times?)