PDA

View Full Version : How to make shoes more comfortable?

slworld
07-30-2009, 05:37 PM
I used to a huge shoe junkie (trying to control it now) and own several pairs of shoes half of which are not very comfortable. Main issue is heel is too high or the tip of the shoe gets too narrow thus pinching the side of the toes. I know there are products like Dr Scholls insoles etc which are supposed make shoes more comfortable to wear. Has anyone tried something like that ... how did it work? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much

PS - I will not be doing a lot of walking with these shoes but want them to be comfortable for some minimal amount of walking.

ltmommy
07-30-2009, 09:44 PM
I have had similar problems, I think because I have terrible feet - flat, with a wide instep but narrow heel. I have tried all sorts of things, and these are the only things that seem to work:

http://www.footpetals.com/Tip%20Toes.html

They are cushy and stay in place and keep your foot from sliding forward. I also like the strappy strips for slingbacks.

I also have a shoe stretcher (got it at Target) and that has seemed to help in some cases; you can actually rig it to stretch specific parts of the shoe.