PDA

View Full Version : First day planning?

KrystalS
07-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Our flight arrives at 11:45 am. We are taking the Magical Express. Can we plan to be checked into our hotel and on the shuttle to a park by 3? We plan to go to the studios because its the only night for Fantasmic that fits into our schedule. Fantasmic is at 730 and we plan to do the dinner package. Is 530 early enough for dinner and time to make it to Fantasmic? This would hopefully give us 2 hours of time in the park. Not sure what we'll have time to do in 2 hours but hopefully something. We plan to go back another day to do the rest of the park.

egoldber
07-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Honestly that would all be very, very tight. It could easily take you 2 hours to get from the airport to the hotel and then you have to check in, get to your room, etc.

If it were me, I would eat at the resort and then just go over for the show.

KrystalS
07-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the advice, the Fantasmic dinner package is all booked anyway so we can't do that regardless. Has anyone eaten at the restaurant in Port Orleans Riverside? We will probably just make reservations there. What time should we plan to leave the resort to make it in time for Fantasmic?

egoldber
07-30-2009, 08:54 PM
I have eaten there, but it was a long time ago. There is also a CS restaurant so you could save that TS credit for another meal.

If Fantasmic is at 7:30, I would plan to arrive at MGM at 6 and head straight to the show. You'll be early, but that's OK. Try to get a seat in the middle-ish section if you can (exact middle is not important), between the middle and top rows. Too close to the front and you may get wet. But we've sat all over and always enjoyed the show.

You can bring snacks and stuff too so that's a consideration. Or you can claim a seat and then send out someone to buy snacks if you want.