PDA

View Full Version : How many old towels do we need?

jgenie
07-31-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm working on cleaning out my linen closet. I have lots of old towels I've held onto to use for messes and such. How many do I really need? How many do you have on hand? I plan to donate the extras to a pet rescue group. TIA

o_mom
07-31-2009, 09:16 AM
My rule of thumb is enough to clean up puke for every child, twice (one set out, one in the wash). :)

hillview
07-31-2009, 09:50 AM
I'd go with 4-5 for our house. I use them for a lot of different things and sometimes one ends up in a car etc.
/hillary

carolinamama
07-31-2009, 09:53 AM
I think it depends what your needs are. We have a bunch but we use them for everything from drying cars to wiping the dog's feet on wet days. Maybe think about how many you have used in the last year and go from there.

StantonHyde
07-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Save them for day camp/pool use when DC get bigger. That way when they lose them you won't be upset!!

californiagirl
07-31-2009, 01:48 PM
All of them. One of the few things I regret about my life before children is that I didn't hang on to all my old towels. Between going to the beach, throwing up, and DH bicycling to work, I have uses for every towel I've ever owned.

Piglet
07-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Save them for day camp/pool use when DC get bigger. That way when they lose them you won't be upset!!

:yeahthat:

sariana
07-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh, I wish I knew. My linen closets are all way too full.

I did find them useful when I bought 3 graduated bamboo vases for our ledge (i.e. small, medium, and large). The towels inside hold up the accessories so that they are relatively level.

I hate getting rid of perfectly usable linens, but eventually I run out of room.

Donating to a pet organization is a great idea, BTW.

niccig
07-31-2009, 04:30 PM
I have 3 in the house and then a plastic tub in the garage with about 6-8 more..it depends on the size of the spill, how many I need.

WatchingThemGrow
07-31-2009, 04:55 PM
my rule of thumb is enough to clean up puke for every child, twice (one set out, one in the wash). :)

:rotflmao: