PDA

View Full Version : Do you flip them back to their back?

krocodile
07-31-2009, 02:08 PM
My DD is 5 months and is rolling over to her tummy while sleeping (I put her on her back)... did you flip your babies over or just leave them be? She's not the best at rolling to her back, she can do it but usually lays there and cries if she wakes up on her tummy...

Nechums
07-31-2009, 02:14 PM
I left DS on his stomach as per doctor's advice. He said the fact that they're able to roll over minimizes the risk of SIDS significantly. Nonetheless, I still checked to make sure DS's face was turned to the side and not completely face down.

SnuggleBuggles
07-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Never. I figure if they are strong enough to roll over that they will be fine. Plus, by 6m the SIDS risk really drops. I did, however, provide a very safe sleep environment to help minimize the SIDS' risk as much as possible- mesh bumpers, no toys, no blankets, no pillows...

Beth

swrc00
07-31-2009, 04:31 PM
I remember this stage. DS would cry and cry when he was on his stomach. I never rolled him back because he would just roll himself back on his stomach. For about a week he cried when he ended up on his stomach and then one night he just stopped. Now he always sleeps on his stomach.