PDA

View Full Version : front facing in beco?

neeleymartin
07-31-2009, 03:25 PM
i recall someone here saying that they put dc in the beco front facing. anyone? i thought they mentioned the use of the infant carrier. ds is really interested in looking at things all around. i think that facing out would be such a treat.

we have a k'tan (which i loaned out) and a bjorn, which both have front facing options. would love to use the beco, if i can safely. tia.

krocodile
07-31-2009, 04:40 PM
You can't do front facing out in a beco (well, it's not recommended but I feel like I've heard of people saying they cinched the body of it and have done it), but you can in a pikkolo and it's designed for it...

neeleymartin
07-31-2009, 08:58 PM
You can't do front facing out in a beco (well, it's not recommended but I feel like I've heard of people saying they cinched the body of it and have done it), but you can in a pikkolo and it's designed for it...

thanks for the reply and info. if i spend another dime on a carrier, i am likely headed for bankruptcy and divorce.

MomToOne
07-31-2009, 09:24 PM
The beco is designed as more of a 'seat' which is why it isn't suited for front facing out. I too was looking for a front facing out carrier, but I realized that all babies eventually get too heavy to be worn that way and need to be switched to the parent's back. I have both the pikkolo and the beco, I use the latter every day, and the former...well...it's for sale hehe

hobie
08-01-2009, 12:14 PM
When my DS was in the 3 mo age range, I sat him sideways in the beco. He hated facing in (too close to the milk factory!), so I faced him sideways - toes poking out one side, and bum firmly seated on the other side. He was very happy like this. When he got a bit bigger, I turned him in, and he was fine with it (being older and taller put his nose away from the milk factory, and he could look around better).

neeleymartin
08-01-2009, 07:38 PM
When my DS was in the 3 mo age range, I sat him sideways in the beco. He hated facing in (too close to the milk factory!), so I faced him sideways - toes poking out one side, and bum firmly seated on the other side. He was very happy like this. When he got a bit bigger, I turned him in, and he was fine with it (being older and taller put his nose away from the milk factory, and he could look around better).

i don't get how this would work. could you clarify? the beco that i have has a 'seat' with a spot to hang the leg over on each side. i'm not sure how to get the baby to have both feet on one side, and keep him securely attached to me. tia

hobie
08-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Well, yes, my beco was the same, but I didn't use it that way. Here's a pic I have of DS sitting sieways. I would only do this for front carries, never on the back.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b6cc05b3127ccecfa5c54d074200000010O00AaNmLhw1as2 IPbz4a/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

He looks grumpy, becaus he sneezed when the camera snapped.

stonecali
08-02-2009, 05:14 PM
BTW, just saw this on the BBB Blog the other day.

http://baby411.typepad.com/babybargains/2009/07/correction-beco-carrier-can-only-be-used-face-in-not-out.html

"On page 534, we state that the Beco baby carrier can be used with the baby facing either out or in toward the parent. That is incorrect---it can only be used with baby facing toward the parent. (FYI: this carrier is also called the Beco Butterfly 2 or the Eco Baby carrier). "

neeleymartin
08-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Well, yes, my beco was the same, but I didn't use it that way. Here's a pic I have of DS sitting sieways. I would only do this for front carries, never on the back.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b6cc05b3127ccecfa5c54d074200000010O00AaNmLhw1as2 IPbz4a/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

He looks grumpy, becaus he sneezed when the camera snapped.

thanks. the pic helps. he seems comfy. boy, do you have beautiful, healthy hair. my hair pooped out after babies. poor me.

natness
08-06-2009, 12:48 AM
I've used my Beco for outward facing front carries. The strap at the bottom of the carrier cinches the front fabric to make it narrower through the crotch. The trick is to slide your hands under DC's bottom and rotate their hips so they are in a sitting position rather than the Bjornish Crotch Dangle. HTH.