PDA

View Full Version : How Many Tag books??

4Myluvbugs
08-01-2009, 05:49 PM
How many books will a Tag hold at once? I guess there's a new TAG on the market. I have the "original" that I purchased this past Christmas. As I was loading a new book on it this morning it said it was full. I looked on the Leapfrog site but couldn't find the capacity of the pen. I know I can add/remove books, but it only has 5 books on it and I was sure it held more. Seems like swapping the 5 stories is going to be a bit of a pain as their favs change daily :rolleyes: They are enjoying it though!

alien_host
08-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm pretty sure I read that the older model holds 5 books and the "new improved" version which is coming out for this holiday season holds 10 maybe? I think some people bought an 'educator' version last year on-line that held more.

This is a total dumb question, but I don't have a Tag yet. Does the book come with a CD that you load onto your PC and sync up with the pen? How does it work, I'm just curious.

4Myluvbugs
08-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks for your reply! You create an account on the Leap Connect part of the Leapfrog site. Once logged in, you connect the pen to your computer with a USB connector and download the stories onto your Tag. The initial set-up is a little time consuming and a pain, but after that it is pretty quick to get the books downloaded. The kids were lukewarm to it at first, but with the addition of some of their fav characters lately, they now play with it daily:thumbsup:! Now i'm just wishing I could "soup" it up with more memory if it can only hold 5 books at a time!!!

sidmand
08-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Yes, about 5 books depending on how big the books are. I think we've had six once, but I could be wrong. I just hide the books that aren't currently on it and rotate them in and out. We have the case too and it doesn't really fit more than five at a time!

But I would've liked to have the bigger memory one. Ah well.