PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey question....

happymom
08-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Does anyone know if the rear door of the Odyssey can be opened from INSIDE the van? Thanks!

s7714
08-02-2009, 01:27 AM
I'm guessing if you have the Touring version with the auto tailgate, you could open it with the button on the key chain probably? I have the manual version and looked to see if I could open the door from the inside one day when I was cleaning the inside windows. I couldn't figure out a way to open if from the inside but maybe I missed something.

WatchingThemGrow
08-02-2009, 04:23 AM
Our 2009 EX-L has it (not touring). I asked DH about "inside" because I'm pumping, it's 4 am, etc. He said, "Yeah, the button on the dash is 'inside' the van." I'm guessing you're meaning like a trunk unlock button?

lkarp
08-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Our Touring will open automatically from the key button or the button on the dash. There is no way to open it directly from rear door inside the van.

s7714
08-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Our 2009 EX-L has it (not touring). I asked DH about "inside" because I'm pumping, it's 4 am, etc. He said, "Yeah, the button on the dash is 'inside' the van." I'm guessing you're meaning like a trunk unlock button?

We have the EX-L too, but no tailgate button inside the car. It was my understanding when we bought it that only the vans with the power lift gate had those buttons inside (not a standard feature on the EX-L ), so not all Ody's would have that.

WatchingThemGrow
08-02-2009, 03:05 PM
We have the EX-L too, but no tailgate button inside the car. It was my understanding when we bought it that only the vans with the power lift gate had those buttons inside (not a standard feature on the EX-L ), so not all Ody's would have that.
Ours is a 2009, so maybe that's why our EX-L has it. If yours is a 2009, it should have it.

By the way, That button is my favorite thing about the whole car :D

s7714
08-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Ours is a 2009, so maybe that's why our EX-L has it. If yours is a 2009, it should have it.

By the way, That button is my favorite thing about the whole car :D

Ah, that explains it. Mine is a 2007.