PDA

View Full Version : Can I use DS's pinkeye drops, or do I need my own $50 bottle?

Fairy
08-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Cuz I'm really not interested in getting my own bottle. WWYD?

Clarity
08-03-2009, 10:48 AM
I use them. *shrug* They're there, kwim?

sariana
08-03-2009, 11:13 AM
The medicine is the same. Just make absolutely sure that you do not touch the dropper to your eye. In fact, if you can get a separate bottle (like those they sell for contact lens solution for purses), that would be better. Put a small amount of the meds in the new bottle to use for yourself.

trales
08-03-2009, 11:15 AM
I used my DD's.

khalloc
08-03-2009, 12:02 PM
I always use my DCs, even her pediatrician said to do it, as long as you dont touch the dropper to anyone's eye.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
08-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, as long as they haven't touched another persons eye, I would use them.

ThreeofUs
08-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Yeah, but (just if it were me) I'd wash the bottle and my hands thoroughly before and after use - hot water, lots of soap, and paper towels to dry both. Nasty bugs can live on these bottles; you don't need that in your eyes or on your hands to be spread anywhere.

Also, and you probably already know this, if you notice any different or unusual eye discharge, burning, etc. after you use it (within a couple of hours), get thyself to thy doctor pronto.

jerigirl
08-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Wipe the bottle down with rubbing alcohol and don't touch it to your eye with it. With Ds's last Vigamox RX the pharmacist said to hang onto them since they are so expensive and we probably wouldn't finish it.

BeachBum
08-03-2009, 04:29 PM
I always use my DCs, even her pediatrician said to do it, as long as you dont touch the dropper to anyone's eye.

We got the same advice from our Ped.

Jacksmommy2b
08-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Quite a few years ago I used hubby's leftover pinkeye drops. (yeah- I have no idea how we both ended up with it despite not having kids - near the holidays so I guess I'll blame really young cousins)

Anyway - after like 2/3 days I could barely close my eye. It felt like I had glass shards in it. It was disgusting, red and puffy. When I was finally able to get in to see the doctor we discovered that I apparently have a pretty nasty sulfa allergy.

Sulfa is one of the usual treatments for pink eye!

So not only was I dealing with the pink eye, I was having a horrible reaction to the drops on top of it!

Some benadryl and a new rx later I was finally starting to feel better.

Despite all that - I would use DC's drops - taking proper precautions with clenliness of course - just be hyper aware of any new or worsening symptoms!

Fairy
08-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Thanks, Guys. I don't know for 100% sure that I have his pinkeye, but ... pretty sure I do. My eyes feel really weird. I do have a bit of "sleep" in them in the middle of the day, and they're getting harder to close. But they're not pink. but they feel pink. So, I'm gonna go ahead with them. I have this play on Sat & Sun, and this character canNOT have pinkeye. She needs heavy makeup.

I know, I need new makeup now. :irked:

neeleymartin
08-04-2009, 06:31 AM
i would use them. doesn't the medicine kill the bacteria? the bottle should have no pink eye in it, kwim?