PDA

View Full Version : Double stroller vs 2 singles?

KrystalS
08-04-2009, 10:00 AM
I know the stroller question is asked all the time but my situation is slightly different and I need some opinions. I'm going to Disney in October with my DD(5), my nephew(3), mom and 2 sisters(11). There will be times that we split up because there are rides that my sisters will want to do that the younger kids can't. I plan to take the younger ones with me and ride different rides. I have 2 single Mac strollers. Which would work great while we are all together as a group, but what will I do when I'm by myself? My DD will not walk, we went to Disney last year and she rode in the stroller the whole time. She is a year older now so I don't expect her to nap in the stroller, but it could happen. My nephew will definitely nap in the stroller so renting a Disney stroller is not an option.
I read about the stroller rentals so I've considered that but we plan to take the Disney buses so how is that double stroller on the bus? It looks easy to fold but I wanted to see if anyone here had actually rented one. I will never have to fold the stroller and have the kids by myself, we will just split up once we are inside the park.

egoldber
08-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Do you think the 5 year old will want to ride a lot of rides? If she is taller than 42" there are only a handful of rides at WDW that she can't ride.

But in general, if you'll be by yourself with both kids a lot, then I think you need the double. You will need to fold it, but it should be OK. It's harder to deal with a folded double when you have smaller kids, but since yours are older I wouldn't worry about it.

KrystalS
08-04-2009, 02:46 PM
I think we will probably stay together for the most part at MK. Since Space Mountain isn't open DD will want to ride everything that my sisters ride. AK & DHS is where I know we will split up because DD won't ride Expedition Everest, ToT, or RnR. I'm thinking I might could get away with having them take turns riding in the stroller just for a little while since we won't be split from the rest of our group for long periods or time. I just don't like the idea of having that huge double stroller to deal with on the buses.

bubbaray
08-04-2009, 02:53 PM
I think if you can possibly swing it, you should try to do 2 singles. We were at DL in April (obviously a different experience than WDW, but still) and couldn't imagine a SBS double working at all. We saw very very few -- most people had singles or tandem strollers like the Joovy or P&T e3.

Next trip, we are taking our P3. Not tippy and by then the step will be all we need for the 2nd child.

egoldber
08-04-2009, 02:56 PM
A stroller with a step is a good option. It doesn't work if one kid is napping though. There are TONS and I mean TONS of doubles at WDW. We went with friends a couple years ago and they had a Mac double that worked great.

But if it's only those 3 rides you are worried about, I'd try to make do with just a single most days.

hillview
08-04-2009, 07:20 PM
I'd be a fan of 2 doubles. Last time we left one stroller parked for a while and that worked great.
/hillary