PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember if the Leapster games were

jgenie
08-04-2009, 10:02 PM
deeply discounted before Christmas last year? I picked up Leapsters for my niece and nephew, but am wondering if I'm going to be able to get games for a good price for Christmas. TIA

doggiemom
08-04-2009, 10:11 PM
don't know about xmas... but they are on sale for 19.99 in target right now then with the 5 coupon (see target clearance thread and the SD pdf that someone posted) that gets you to 14.99. HTH.

inmypjs
08-04-2009, 10:26 PM
I think they'll be plenty of deals before then. I've gotten the best deals on games at:

Kohls - limited selection but they are often 25% off, then you can use Kohls coupons or Kohls cash on top of that

Toys R Us - sometimes have B1G1 deals

Leapfrog web site - they often have very good deals on clearance games, plus you can print coupons there to use at regular stores

I think between all these places, and others I'm sure, you'll be fine. Just keep your eyes open!

kijip
08-05-2009, 04:19 AM
I just got an email about discounts on games from the leapfrog site. I remember the site selling a lot of things at great prices before the holidays as well.

KrisM
08-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Black Friday last year, Kmart had them bogo and Target had them for $15 each.

DrSally
08-05-2009, 09:27 AM
don't know about xmas... but they are on sale for 19.99 in target right now then with the 5 coupon (see target clearance thread and the SD pdf that someone posted) that gets you to 14.99. HTH.

I wish my Target had them on sale!

Radosti
08-05-2009, 09:38 AM
I just got a Pre-K game at Target for 6.99 on 75% clearance.

littlebethany
08-05-2009, 02:12 PM
deeply discounted before Christmas last year? I picked up Leapsters for my niece and nephew, but am wondering if I'm going to be able to get games for a good price for Christmas. TIA

I think there probably was, there's a lot of sales going on around Black Friday thats when you get the best deals. ;)

s7714
08-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Several times I've found the games on sale at TRU for like 60% or more off. Each time I've ended up paying less than $14 per game (I've stocked up on several sales to have new games for car trips and presents). I haven't figured out any consistency to when they have them on sale though. :shrug:

jgenie
08-05-2009, 02:43 PM
If you gave a leapster for a present - how many games would you give with it?

alien_host
08-05-2009, 02:49 PM
If you gave a leapster for a present - how many games would you give with it?

I guess it depends on your price range for gifts but I'd give one game. The leapster and games are expensive and I think one game is enough to get started.

I know a lot of people got them super cheap at Target but I don't like people feeling that I spent too much money on a gift, KWIM?

alien_host
08-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I wish my Target had them on sale!

I thought the weekly ad said Leapster games were discounted to $19.99. They have SpongeBob in the ad but it says "Other selected games also on sale". When I was there it wasn't marked on the shelf at all but a few scanned in at 19.99.

I just got a Pre-K game at Target for 6.99 on 75% clearance.

Oooh which one was it? Same as what was mentioned in the Target Toy thread or others?

Sales: Toys R Us had 30% off around Easter and Leapfrog had a $5 coupon available at that time so I'd watch out for a sale like that.