PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite and Tahoe w/ LOs

sariana
08-05-2009, 12:30 AM
We actually were able to find hotels at both Yosemite and South Lake Tahoe at the (relatively) last minute. We are going at the end of August. DH really likes to hike, and we have some ideas as to what we want to do.

Any suggestions as to what we should do with a just-5-year-old boy and a very active 18-month-old girl? Any day hike recommendations? Other activities? We talked about renting a boat, but it is pricey, and I worry about DD since she is so quick now.

We are going to Yosemite for 3 days and to Tahoe for 2.

TIA for sharing your great experiences!

ETA: pharmjenn's response reminds that I would love info about whether we can take our BOB (single) on a trail or whether we should stick to the backpack.

pharmjenn
08-05-2009, 02:41 AM
Yosemite- I am horrible with the names of the different water falls, but I would recommend the one close to the entrance (bridalveil maybe). It is up hill, but not bad, I was able to push a double Bob while 6mo pregnant. My 21mo nephews enjoyed it. There won't be too much water that time of year.
I definitely recommend going to Glacier Peak. Drive yourself, since the bus tour is expensive. It is about 45min away from the valley. Great views and easy distance from parking to the rim. Didn't feel too concerned about the rim with my nephews.
Definitely go to the Indian Village in the valley. The kids will enjoy going into the different teepees and huts.

Tahoe- I usually am on north shore, so can't give you any ideas there. The Heavenly Gondola is year round but appears pricey.