PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Baby Carrier--Reviews?

bigpassport
08-05-2009, 01:54 AM
Has anyone tried the Maclaren baby carrier? As much as I would like a Pikkolo, I have a bunch of BRU gift cards...and a limited selection of carriers at BRU. My two main concerns are: (1) easy and fast to get baby in and out of, and (2) comfortable on my neck and back. I have a Moby (works fine but takes too long to get baby in) and a Baby Bjorn (kills my back). Any thoughts on the Maclaren?

krocodile
08-05-2009, 07:46 AM
I haven't tried it but I personally think it looks an awful lot like a Bjorn and only does front carries and only up to around 25 pounds...

Could you use your BRU gift cards to get necessities (diapers, etc.) and then get a pikkolo with money not used to buy the basics? Or find a pikkolo on FSOT at the babywearer or diaperswappers? They don't come up a ton but they're around.

I just think a pikkolo is worth the investment because you can use it so much longer and do back carries, you'll get so much more use out of it.

emily
08-05-2009, 10:18 AM
I agree with PP. Use your BRU gift cards for diaps. i find with BRU deals stacked with manufacturers coupons, BRU diaps to be cheaper than Costco or anywhere else.

We switched from Bjorn to Pikkolo. I'm 5 mo preggers and I can still back carry DD who weighs 23 lbs without pain. Make the investment on a Pikkolo. It will last much longer.

hobie
08-05-2009, 12:19 PM
The maclaren doesn't have a hip belt, so all of the weight will be on your shoulders...not good for your back. Use the gift cards on diapers, clothes, toys, or anything else. The pikkolo will last you so much longer, and will be alot more comfortable for you, too.

bigpassport
08-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks. I'm going to try to find someone with a pikkolo in my area to try before making the investment. BRU gift cards will be used for a stroller. Some of mommy's Barbie collection will be sold on ebay for Mr. Fancy Pants' pikkolo:)