PDA

View Full Version : How do you store gift cards, store cards, etc?

KrisM
08-05-2009, 09:06 AM
I am tired of carrying them around. I swear I have 25 cards of some type. I often use the CVS and Kroger, so will carry those, but I'm looking for a better idea for the random gift cards, Hallmark card, etc. I only shop those stores a few times a year, so don't need them every day.

WatchingThemGrow
08-05-2009, 09:13 AM
I used to keep a GC wallet in my glove compartment. It was awesome. One day, while pg with DD, I stopped for some shrimp tempura sushi rolls while shopping and the wallet fell out of my car. There was one blank check in there and about $300 BBB gcs, plus several random ones from our wedding. :crying: Someone else got to enjoy some nice shopping trips!

I *try* to spend them now or just keep them in my allpurpose bag now instead of leaving them in the car.

The check was written for $60 at a Latino grocery store, but that was all I ever heard from it. My marriage certificate and all kinds of things just vanished.

Jen841
08-05-2009, 09:14 AM
I have a file in a cabinet for them. DH knows where they are too. Keep membership cards in it too. I add coupons for the places when I see them.

BeachBum
08-05-2009, 09:16 AM
I have a small wallet/ coin purse thing and I keep them all in there.

Melbel
08-05-2009, 09:20 AM
I have a plastic index card sized accordian case from the Target dollar bin. I have my GCs, rewards cards, and hopefully, current store coupons all together. It is usually in my purse, otherwise in the car. It works great for me!

hellokitty
08-05-2009, 09:23 AM
I have a vera bradley zip ID case that I keep all of my GCs in. I was getting tired of my wallet getting really fat...

KrisM
08-05-2009, 09:25 AM
I have a plastic index card sized accordian case from the Target dollar bin. I have my GCs, rewards cards, and hopefully, current store coupons all together. It is usually in my purse, otherwise in the car. It works great for me!

Okay, this was a big DUH moment for me. I can put a zipper pouch or something in my coupon binder. That thing is nearly always with me in the car.

I've heard the plastic accordian dividers are at Target again. I was going to pick one up for my current week's coupons, instead of using regular envelopes. I had forgotten about that, too, so I'm adding it to my Target list now.

Thank you!

KrisM
08-05-2009, 09:25 AM
I have a file in a cabinet for them. DH knows where they are too. Keep membership cards in it too. I add coupons for the places when I see them.

I had thought about this, but would never remember to bring them with me!

3isthelimit
08-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Funny, I just saw a card "wheel" at Target yesterday. It was about the size of a business card, but with two hard outsides and several clear plastic sleeves in between. I think it was made by "real simple"
It was over in the stationary dept. I think one of the uses listed was for business cards, but you could also use it for gc and store cards, etc...
I may go back and get one myself. Right now I have a small black zippered coin pouch that I use.

Pennylane
08-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I have a credit card wallet that I use only for reward cards. It holds about 30 I think.

I also love this for gift cards, coupons, etc. Keeps everything so organized:

http://www.galison.com/Winterthur-Flowers-Accordion-Organizer-P2391C553.aspx

I keep my wallet, credit card wallet and the accordian file in my purse all the time. I hate being some where shopping and not having my coupons!

Ann

alien_host
08-05-2009, 02:41 PM
I have a cute zip up pouch that I keep most gift cards/merch credits and store reward cards (must EVERY store have one of those?). I've had the problem of keeping them at home and then I happen to need it and not have it.

I keep the ones that I might use on a regular basis with me, more obscure ones I keep at home.

I also keep coupons and CVS Extra bucks in there. I keep other coupons like Bed Bath and Beyond in my glove compartment.

rlu
08-05-2009, 03:09 PM
As far as grocery stores - we shop Luckys so no card. If we happen to go to Safeway, I just enter my folks phone number since I know they have a card.

I'm po'd at CVS right now - they initially would not give me the sale price with their courtesy card (they had stated in the local paper the previous day they would do so). We just go to Walgreens which is more conveniently located and doesn't have a card. I understand many play the CVS game, but CVS isn't convenient for me so I wouldn't shop there enough to make it worthwhile.

I keep bb&b type coupons (large in the mail type coupons) in the car. I'm not very good about the little coupons, need to get a system in place for that. Saw this the other day and thought that might help. http://tinyurl.com/manmfh

Gift cards are kept on our fridge with one of those magnetic clips. I worried a little about the magnet and the strip on the card, but no problems yet. I just grab them if I know I'm going there. We don't have many - tend to spend them right away to avoid any fees.

I keep my cards (drivers license, cc, library card, insurance card, etc.) in a little leather coin purse I bought several years ago for this purpose. That is in my purse all times.

kcandz
08-05-2009, 03:56 PM
I try to spend my gift cards ASAP after having a scare similar to PP - thought they fell out of the car, luckily they had just lodged between the passenger seat and the door.

I have an iphone app for my reward cards

http://www.mycardstar.com/