PDA

View Full Version : H1N1 Frustration

08-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Two weeks ago, my 3.5 year old and my 2 year old spiked high fevers, were very lethargic and had a bad cough. DS complained of aches in his shoulders, neck and knees; DD cried alot just saying it hurt and would point to her chest when asked where. The fevers hit 102.5 and 104 respectively but responded to tylenol. In our ped practice, two doctors were out and they wouldn't fit us in unless the kids had fevers for 3 straight days. DS had a fever for 3 days then 1 fever free day and then 2 days of fever. He never saw the pedi. DD had fever for 5 straight days and ended up developing an ear infection. However, she was never tested for H1N1. I have a 3 month old at home and she never got sick (exclusively breastfed and I lived through the last swine flu in the 70s).

After hearing about the possible side effects of the swine flu vaccine I'm hesitant to get my older two vaccinated, especially if they've already had it. However, DS is in preschool and has mild asthma; a bad case of H1N1 could be really dangerous for him and for the baby.

What would you do? Do you think they've already had the flu.

Thanks for listening,

Christine W
mom to John 11.05, katie 1.07 and Sarah 5.09

JBaxter
08-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Me LOL not get the shots especially when they first come out. IF they are proven safe after a few months then maybe think about it. The last time they had a swine flu vaccine they had LOTS of issues with it. Wait and see.