PDA

View Full Version : sharing dresser

longstocking
08-05-2009, 07:29 PM
We have DS #2 due in about 2 weeks. Right now it isn't in our conceivable future to be able to get another dresser so I am going to have to combine everything into the one small 3 drawer one that we currently have all of DS #1 stuff in. I need some advice on how to do this without mixing everything up. I really don't want to spend every morning sorting out clothes. What great products (that are extremely inexpensive) are there to divide drawer space? Ooh, just had a thought, I wonder if cutting out squares of cardboard would work? Probably too flexible and would get buried anyway - hmmm
And help would be appreciated - I'm just staring at this dresser feeling overwhelmed.

Andi98989
08-06-2009, 09:08 AM
When I was growing up I used to use shoeboxes and things like that in my drawer to keep my socks, underwear, etc... sorted out. Maybe something like that? Now I use a set of these spring loaded drawer dividers that I got a The Container Store, but I'd imagine you could find something similar to it at Bed Bath and Beyond or Target? I put them in well over a year ago and they haven't budged and inch and work great!

http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?searchId=21940557&itemIndex=8&CATID=69446&PRODID=72062

Malloryn
08-06-2009, 09:12 AM
IKEA has some good, inexpensive options. Some tend to be a bit high, so you'll want to measure the drawers first.

WatchingThemGrow
08-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Yeah, they have some clear ones in Target. I was just looking at them. DH doesn't see the same "stacks" I see in the drawers, so I want to make it more obvious. He only sees a jumbled mess and our boys are sharing a dresser too. I need to buy them. How sad to use DS2's birth gift cards for drawer organizers...