PDA

View Full Version : Which doll for 2.5 yr new big sister- Bitty Baby, or Corolle Lila or Bebe Charmeur?

junebaby07
08-05-2009, 07:50 PM
My daughter will be getting a little sister next month when she'll be about 28 months old. She loves baby dolls and her current favorite is Calin. I want to get her a special baby doll as her gift when little sister arrives. My daughter has just asked for a doll that looks like a little baby (e.g., newborn / no hair) but will sit up in a high chair. I'd like to get something larger than Calin that won't be overwhelming:

I am considering:

- American Girl "bitty baby"

- Corolle Lila (Wonder if this will be most interesting / baby-like for her?)

- Corolle Bebe Charmeur

The Lila seems the most different from Calin since she makes sounds, etc. However she is 17" - which might be too big. I think Bitty Baby is 15" and the Bebe Charmeur is 14". Our current Calin is 12".

Any advice / recommendations?

traciann
08-05-2009, 11:10 PM
My dd has bitty baby and LOVES her. She has been her favorite doll since she received ehr for her 3rd birthday. She even has some of the bitty baby accessories.

new_mommy25
08-06-2009, 12:43 PM
My DD has one larger doll and she refuses to play with her because she is too big. She prefers her Calin and other small dolls. I think 14" is a good size and the Bebe Charmer looks adorable. I haven't seen the AG doll IRL. She looks cute but I'm not sure if she would be too big for a 2 1/2 year old.

catpagmo
08-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I bought DD the Corolle Charmeur doll when she turned 2. It is her all time favorite doll. She still plays with it almost daily at 3.5. It's a great doll, and it sits in the high chair very well, too!