PDA

View Full Version : Question for Ergo users

drako
08-06-2009, 09:43 AM
I finally bought the Ergo carrier. I have been on the fence for a while and decided the Ergo was the one I would try. DD finally likes being carried in the Bjorn but my shoulders kill me after a while (which is why we needed another carrier!!) Anyway DD is only about 14.5 pounds and doesn't seem to straddle my waist comfortably (thanks to the extra weight I am still carrying!!;) What weight did your child(ren) seem comfortable in the front carry? Also, did you carry DC on the side or did you sit them sideways with feet sticking out one side until they were able to straddle comfortably? I know it will take some time for her to get used to it, I just don't know if I should return it and try a different carrier. I have 30 days to return it. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

sadie427
08-06-2009, 11:14 AM
I just tucked his legs in ( so he was sitting kind of cross-legged) till he could straddle, but that was at less than 15 pounds, since he just hit 15 lbs but has been straddling me in the ergo for maybe 6 weeks.

arivecchi
08-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Between 3 and 4 months I had this issue. I called Ergo and they suggested having one leg out and the other one tucked in crossed inside the carrier. Sounds uncomfortable but he was ok.

KarenLud
08-06-2009, 04:13 PM
My son is about the same size and we've been trying to figure out the best position. Like the pp said, we are doing one leg out and one tucked. We also do a forward facing carry which i know ergo doesn't authorize but i saw it over on thebabywearer.com and DS LOVES it.

arivecchi
08-06-2009, 04:48 PM
We also do a forward facing carry which i know ergo doesn't authorize but i saw it over on thebabywearer.com and DS LOVES it.
I'm interested! Where do I find this?

KarenLud
08-06-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm interested! Where do I find this?

Here's the link:
http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69690

Hope that works..I've never linked a link :)

Have fun!

arivecchi
08-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks! I guess I have to register in order to check out the info.

arivecchi
08-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Just checked it out! Very cool! Thanks for the link.

WatchingThemGrow
08-06-2009, 10:47 PM
My DS2 is a little bit smaller than that, and he's been sitting upright, froggy syle. Very, very happy.

KarenLud
08-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Just checked it out! Very cool! Thanks for the link.

YW! It's a great forum..but terribly addicting..I have too many carriers now!

Viv
08-11-2009, 12:22 PM
I tried the Ergo carrier with the infant insert for my daughter during the first couple of months. She sat sideways, per Ergo instructions. She would sink to the bottom of the carrier and the padding seemed to overheat her and me (but this was during the summertime, in Texas.) Seeing my daughter balled up at the bottom of the carrier, hot and unable to see outside, was not what I had in mind when I paid over $100 and spent hours crawling through eBay for this carrier. I have set it aside to try again later. I still have hope that it could work when she is bigger. Meanwhile, I've been using a Snugli which I purchased used at a garage sale for $5, and I've had much better luck even though it receives low ratings from Baby Bargains. However I only use if for quick runs to our apartment building laundry room when my husband is not home to watch her. She seems to tolerate it, but not for long.