PDA

View Full Version : Storing swing

BeccaB.
08-06-2009, 12:05 PM
How do you store your babies swing after they have out grown it? Let's bear in mind that I did not have the fore thought to keep the box it came in. Any suggestions?

deannanb
08-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I took ours apart and stored it in the closet -

If you are going to store it in the attic I would cover it with some type of plastic wrap (like movers use)

WatchingThemGrow
08-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I put it in the attic until I found some lovely family who wanted to borrow it for their baby. I told them they just had to keep it in their (bigger) house until we needed it again. Worked out perfectly!

elliput
08-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I put a 33 gallon trash bag over the top to keep the dust off and stored it in the basement.

scrooks
08-06-2009, 05:53 PM
:banghead:We just put ours down the basement....I should have put a sheet on them...man they are going to need serious dusting now! oops....

MamaKath
08-06-2009, 11:38 PM
I am thinking you mean an indoor infant swing. We disassembled it and put it in the attic. My mom disassembled hers and stored it under a bed, lol.

For an outdoor swing, you can hang it from a bike hook in the garage.

smiles33
08-06-2009, 11:43 PM
I actually just sold it on Craigslist and then bought a used one before the second DD was born. No storing necessary and I was able to "upgrade" to the plug-in Rainforest cradle swing for the same price that I sold the old Aquarium swing for, so it all worked out.

wendibird22
08-07-2009, 08:49 AM
I put a 33 gallon trash bag over the top to keep the dust off and stored it in the basement.

:yeahthat: I removed all the material from the frame and put that in a plastic bin then covered the frame with a garbage bag.

JTsMom
08-07-2009, 09:26 AM
IIRC, we took the seat off, and put it in one of those giant Ziploc bags. The legs collapse. It's all in the garage. Those big Ziplocs are holding a lot of our baby stuff actually.