PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Shell v. Hotsling

jeng1107
08-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Is there a clear winner between these two? I was going to register for a Peanut Shell and a Moby wrap sling so that I could experiment with the two styles, but then I went to Marshall's the other day and found a Hotsling for $15. The Hotsling seems very similar to the Peanut Shell. Is the Peanut Shell better or should I just keep the Hotsling and then just register for the Moby? If it makes a difference, I am pretty petite everywhere except for the fact that I have ginormous boobies haha. Thanks ladies!

hellokitty
08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
I think they are pretty much the same, pouch slings are all pretty similar, the design is actually pretty simple. Does the peanut shell have a leg rail, like the hotsling? $15 is a pretty awesome price for a new HS. I think a pouch sling and moby is a perfect combo for a new baby. I just had DS3 two wks ago, and I've used both my moby and pouch sling so far.

MomToOne
08-06-2009, 10:51 PM
That is the combo I had: moby + peanut shell. It was great! I agree that the hotsling is probably very similar to the peanut shell. I would just keep it and register for the wrap. HTH!

Katigre
08-06-2009, 11:28 PM
They're pretty much the same thing - I've owned both and couldn't find a significant difference in fit or function. Find a pattern you like and register for that one.

srhs
08-06-2009, 11:31 PM
$15 for a Hotsling is awesome...especially if you found your size!
I tried on a Peanut Shell with DS in the store when he was 3 mo, and for some reason, he hated it. I couldn't get comfortable either.
I ordered a Hotsling right after, and he loved it.
Not sure if it was the sizing or just the mood of the day, but the Hotsling was a winner for us.

peanut520
08-07-2009, 10:11 AM
$15 is fabulous for a Hotsling! I had a Peanut Shell, but had to return it because the small was too big. it really important that they fit correctly. I now have 2 Hotslings and the Ergo, but mainly used my Moby when DC was a newborn. I would have continue to use the Moby except that all the layers would have been too hot for the summer here on the east coast and didn't want it dragging on the floor while i put it on if she got fussy while we were out.