PDA

View Full Version : Need bday gift ideas for myself

arivecchi
08-07-2009, 04:30 PM
My DH is asking me what I want for my bday and I really don't have anything in particular in mind. Give me some great ideas please!

jgenie
08-07-2009, 04:42 PM
A DSLR if you don't have one - or a new lens if you do. :)

Twoboos
08-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Randomly...

Clairsonic skincare thingy
iPod Touch
New fall purse
New fall clothes (Boden comes to mind...)
Spa gift card
Yoga/gym gift card and/or clothes
Silk'n Personal laser system from Sephora (that's a lot, though)

Hmm, I guess not so random, these seem to be all things *I* want!! LOL! Happy Birthday!

arivecchi
08-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the ideas ladies!!

stefani
08-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Kindle
Money to just spend (snacks, eating out, clothing, purse, anything that you don't have to account as family expenditure)
purse
toaster oven :-)

misshollygolightly
08-08-2009, 08:40 AM
I was thinking of a Kindle, too :-)

What about...
magazine subscription
kitchen item (I've been wanting a new set of knives and a Kitchenaid for a while)
special meal out--with or without the kids
lessons or classes for something you've always wanted to do (music lessons, pottery lessons, dancing, yoga, etc.)
nice piece of jewelry

Melaine
08-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I also like the Kindle idea. This is a big YMMV but I just bought myself a portable dvd player a few weeks ago and I *LOVE* it. It is small and really convenient, surprisingly high quality and I carry it around the house while I am doing chores and watch old seasons of shows like I Love Lucy and Friends. It has really helped me get motivated to do some stuff after the kids go to bed when normally I just want to collapse. I always wanted a DVD player in my kitchen and this has actually worked much better.

Twoboos
08-08-2009, 10:10 AM
I also like the Kindle idea.

Oh yes, meant to put a Kindle on my list too! I saw one in action during vaca w/family. It is SO slim and light, it's pretty amazing.

justincase
08-08-2009, 10:14 AM
:yeahthat: to the Kindle. My parents got me one for my birthday. I never would have sprung for it or even thought I'd be that into it. It has surprised me with its awesome-ness!

I also like the idea of some kind of lesson for something you'd like to learn to do, especially as it comes with the bonus of time to yourself. DH got me guitar lessons once, way back when. I'd appreciate them even more now!

We always end up buying a piece of furniture or something big for the house and then saying it's our birthday gift to each other for the year. Sounds good in theory and works when money's tight, but it's not so much FUN.

heatherandlouis
08-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I would ask for a mini vacation to my favorite place.

wellyes
08-08-2009, 08:38 PM
I'd get an iTouch (unless you happen to need an iPhone & their service plan works for you).

I've also been lusting after a Squeezebox (http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-media-receivers/logitech-squeezebox-duet/4505-6739_7-32815168.html?tag=mncol;lst).

smiles33
08-08-2009, 09:42 PM
For my birthday, I would love for him to get me gift certificates for pedicures/facials/massages (any or all of the above!) AND commit to watching both girls so I could have pampering days without any excuses (e.g., no one to watch the girls, reluctance to spend money on myself, etc.).

arivecchi
08-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks you all so much for all the great ideas! Now I need to sit down and think about what I want to ask for!