PDA

View Full Version : X-Post: What do infants wear in this situation?

mamalia
08-07-2009, 07:54 PM
We're visiting Chicago in the Fall (probably late October). Weather historically seems to be in the 40-50s but I have no idea what a 3 month old wears in this kind of climate. I was looking at the LLB sale and the waterproof bibs seem to start at 6 months while the jackets are for toddlers.

Mostly we will be indoors with maybe short outdoor trips on the mag mile or in Evanston. What does DS wear?

Any suggestions (including where to find great deals) are appreciated!

edurnemk
08-07-2009, 09:52 PM
I lived in Evanston until a month ago, DS was born there in the middle of winter. Even though we had a winter suit for him, he hated it and we used it once. The best combo at that age was always a onsie under his shirt, a good sweater or fleece jacket, a hat and the bundle me on the stroller. If it was too cold or windy we put the rain cover on the stroller.
With that kind of outfit he was OK for outdoors and also wasn't too warm for indoors. Layers are the way to go in Chicago, since hte weather is so unpredictable. Last year during Halloween it was actually warm, we went trick-or-treating with a light windbreaker.

DebbieJ
08-07-2009, 09:59 PM
October weather can be so iffy.....definitely layers!

Indianamom2
08-07-2009, 10:18 PM
I will third layers. Skip the big snowsuit type thing and layer with onsie, shirt, fleece jacket, carrier cover, blanket...that sort of thing. Also FYI, it can snow in October in that area...it's not terribly likely, but it does happen sometimes, so be prepared.

Christina