PDA

View Full Version : ISO Leapfrog TAG reader deal!

alien_host
08-08-2009, 10:12 AM
So I picked up a bunch of books at the Target sale but we don't have the reader yet.

BJs has a pack that has the larger capacity reader, 3 books and a case. $69.99 and I could use the $10 off coupon with it so it would be $60 for the set.

Is that a decent deal? Is the case necessary? I guess it sort of works out to getting the case for free. Target has the reader for $40 (so $30 after coupon), each book is around $9-10 after a coupon (retail 12.99-14.99) and I'm not sure the price of the case - $15 maybe?

ETA: Ok I noticed the Target pack has one book. So I'm not sure the BJs deal is all that great:

Target w. one book: $39.99-$10.00 = $29.99
two extra books - $13.99*2 less $4*2 coupons = 19.98 (some are only 10.99 on the website but the BJs books look like new titles)
Case - $15 (guessing based on what I saw at Walmart)
Total = $65 vs $59.99 at BJs with the coupon.

Should I wait until we get closer to the holidays? Might Amazon have a better deal?

The $10 off coupon is good until Sept 30th so I'm wondering if I should buy it before it expires.

Does anyone think Walmart would clearance out the older TAG version (holds less books) before Christmas?

I'd love some thoughts on this. TIA!

kristenk
08-08-2009, 11:34 AM
I'll be looking around for a deal on Tag, too. I'm just starting my search, though.

What $10 off coupon are you talking about?

clc053103
08-08-2009, 11:44 AM
based on what others have said, I was waiting for the "new" version to hit the stores. And hope for a deal at Christmas time.

I would not recommend buying ANYTHING from Leapster's website. High shipping and terrible return policy.

alien_host
08-08-2009, 02:07 PM
I'll be looking around for a deal on Tag, too. I'm just starting my search, though.

What $10 off coupon are you talking about?

On slickdeals there is a PDF with lots of coupons. $10 off the reader and $4 off a book. It's at the bottom of the first post. I just looked at some of the newer posts, people were saying some stores aren't taking them (i.e. won't scan). I've used the book and game coupon at Target without issue and another for the Scribble and Write at BJs.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1461329

HTH!

alien_host
08-10-2009, 07:23 PM
People are reporting that the older model Tag Reader (5 book capacity) is on sale for $24.99 so $14.99 after the coupon. So my question is:

Would people recommend spending the extra money on the 32 mb model?

traciann
08-10-2009, 07:53 PM
I saw the older Tag clearanced at my Target the other day. I didn't get one because I want the larger one that holds up to 10 books. I think its worth the extra money to not have to switch around books as often. I have the $10 off coupon, so I am just going to wait and hope that it goes on sale sometime before it expires. DD will get it for christmas, so I am sure there will be a good deal before then
The newer version come with the cat in the hat book instead of the ozzie and mack paperback, so I think that helps make it a better deal as well.

kristenk
08-11-2009, 09:21 PM
I went ahead and got the older version at Target today. $14.98 (with coupon) was too good to pass up.

I've been thinking about the 5 books vs. 10 books issue and I think that 5 books will be fine for DD. I'm imagining her racing through all of the books (whether it be 5 or 10) and not taking her time with them. If she's limited to 5 books on the reader at a time, that will sort of force her to spend a little more time with each book, which would be a good thing. We'll see how it works out!