PDA

View Full Version : How are your bottles organized?

elektra
08-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Would anyone be kind enough to snap a photo of how your bottles are organized?
I am going back to work tomorrow and my nanny is going to want to wring my neck because I currently have all the bottle stuff in ziploc bags that fall out of the cupboard when you open it!
I think I need plastic bins or something.

wellyes
08-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Can I just recommend the Playtex drop-in method? You only need about 3 of the bottles and maybe twice that many nipples, plus of course a box of the liners. It's so, so much easier.

KBecks
08-09-2009, 07:17 PM
I honestly keep ours out on the counter. They will only be out in the open a few more months before Mark outgrows bottles (we end them around 12 - 14 months). We use Playtex Ventaire, I keep the big body parts in a large bowl that is the upside down top of a cake carrier. I keep the nipples, bottoms, rings and valves in a smaller Gladware container. This all sits out on the counter all the time.

elephantmeg
08-09-2009, 08:54 PM
we used a drawer in the kitchen. A few times a week I would put bottles together and stick them there. Otherwise really they live in the bottle drying rack. I only worked part time so they did occasionally get dry enough to put away. I really think that if you have 2 bottle drying racks on the counter you will find that they live there!

alexsmommy
08-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Another with a tiny kitchen who just keeps them out on a counter for the duration. It's only a year... doable in my book. I did the Playtex system and had two-three out at any given time, one or two in the dishwasher, and the nipples/rings lined up.
Oh, to clarify, I BF at home but I pump for when my parents watch my DC or so I can leave the baby with DH and not rush home. So I ultimately do not have as many bottles as those who exclusively bottle feed - but the pump equipment was out on the same counter as well. DS1 did not latch for 8 weeks (preemie) and DS2 did not latch for 12 weeks (tongue tied) so at one point we had tons of bottles and pump equipement that also stayed out.

bigpassport
08-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Short answer--they stay on the counter. Long answer--I have enough bottles and nipples (Playtex Drop Ins system) to go a day and a half without washing. When I wash them (usually by hand), I use the top rack of the dishwasher as a drying rack for the bottles, rings and caps and use nipple drying rack part of my Prince Lionheart Complete Drying Station to dry the nipples. The bottles, rings and caps usually get moved, once they are dry, to one side of the counter. The nipples just stay on the drying rack. Drop Ins liners are in the cupboard above the counter, along with bottles and nipples DS isn't old enough to use yet.

WatchingThemGrow
08-09-2009, 10:46 PM
They stay on 2 bottle racks in the kitchen in the bottle station with all the pump parts, domperidone (in the cabinet), supplemental formula on the counter, etc. Yes, it's only a year, but we've only put it away for like 6-7 mos before it comes out again. We put a fresh towel out daily to dump the pump horns after they are steamed several times each day. We actually mix up formula in the Nalgene and pour it into several bottles the night before. Would that help?

elektra
08-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Thanks so much for all the replies. I need ideas because my current set up is not working.
And to clarify, I already use the Playtex dropins :thumbsup: since I was happy with how that worked with DD. I will be pumping and leaving the pumped milk in the fridge for the nanny. (I have the converter kit so I can pump straight into the liners with my PISA.)
DS has only had a few bottle so far though so I don't have my new '"system" down yet, since we were living in a different house when DD was still using bottles.
I have already cut way down on the number of bottles/holders, and I am just going to have our nanny just wash those quickly by hand instead of using the dishwasher.
And maybe gladware for the nipples and rings is the way to go. My ziploc bag system just isn't cutting it!

happymom
08-10-2009, 12:46 AM
When DD was taking bottles, I had a great drying rack from First Years- I got it at Target. I used Playtex drop-ins and found that drying rack to work very well for all the rings and caps etc. I also had a big container in my cabinet with all the bottle paraphanelia that was not currently drying.
Here's the drying rack- (I love that it spins)
http://www.target.com/First-Years-Spin-Store-Organizer/dp/B000K53UEI/sr=1-3/qid=1249879413/ref=sr_1_3/191-3644124-8440607?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&field-original-keywords=botle%20drying%20rack&rh=k%3Abottle%20drying%20rack&page=1

wendibird22
08-10-2009, 08:30 AM
When I was pumping I had 2-3 gladware containers in my cupboard (the square ones that a slightly deeper than a sandwich container). I'd put nipples, rings, and caps in one, pump parts (valves, tubing, etc) the 2nd, and horns (I had 2 sets) in the third. Then I just stacked the bottles next to it all.

pb&j
08-10-2009, 09:48 AM
If I get around to taking stuff off the drying rack (I have that nifty round one from Skip Hop and I love it), it gets dumped in a kitchen drawer devoted to bottle stuff.

I do assemble nipples, rings, and caps before dumping, so when I go to make a bottle I only have to grab the nipple/cap "unit" instead of searching for 3 different pieces. But other than that, it's not particularly organized.