PDA

View Full Version : Single or double stroller?

Mermanaid
08-09-2009, 08:33 PM
DD will be just over 5 when we go to WDW, but I know she will tire out and want to ride in a stroller. And of course, DS who will be 2.5 will have to have one. So ... do I take a double stroller or a single for each?

The double would be nice because we wouldn't be pushing an empty stroller when DD is walking. But, the single would be nice if we needed to separate for any reason they'd each have their own stroller.

Any sage advice for me?

lil_acorn
08-10-2009, 11:35 AM
mine are the same age. I had a double stroller last time but it is so bulky and heavy. This time, I will try to go with two singles. I'd love to just do one single but I think it is just too much walking. Plus it will be good to have the extra storage to put coolers, snacks etc.

clc053103
08-11-2009, 12:51 PM
I would go with two singles. In the evening if you are just, for example, going to a resort for dinner you won't want to have to bring a bulky double when the 5 yo won't want to ride. Also if the second single is something like a Mac Volo (shoulder strap- lightwieght) you can sling it when not in use if you don't feel like pushing it, or stow it under the other single.

Mermanaid
08-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the insight! I think we will go with singles. Now, to figure out which to take! We have a Volo and I'm thinking about buying a BJCM. Just hated to have to carry two stroller thru an airport. Guess you gotta do what you gotta do though.

HannaAddict
08-12-2009, 01:53 AM
My children are just about the same age as yours. We took two single Volos last week and it worked great. My five and a half year old, very tall child was happy to ride even though he doesn't ride at home. I think the two singles worked much better than a double for us (and were great in the airport), and I can't sing the praises of the Volo enough. I'd bought the first a few months ago for the almost three year old, but the day before we left went and got the second. It was $100 well spent, worth every dime. Our BJCS would have never worked, too heavy and too big. I did see several P & T Sports, we have one but I didn't want to cart it through the airport. There were a few BJ City Mini Doubles that got around okay, but I loved the flexibility and ease of the Volo. (When the kids were out of the stroller we stuck our bags in it (the in-laws were dragging everything but the kitchen sink with them!) or the kids little backpacks. (The kids LOVED their backpacks by the way, the small size from Target in Disney Princess and Cars themes.)