PDA

View Full Version : What should I do w/ an extra Cozy Coupe?

jgenie
08-10-2009, 10:04 AM
I picked up an extra Cozy Coupe at Target on clearance and can't decide what to do with it. What do you think?

- I was thinking of giving it as a Bday gift to one of DS' playgroup friends. Th I would give it to him privately after his party so no one else would feel bad. Would that be too "big" a gift? I would tell his mom we got a great deal on it so she wouldn't feel she had to get a "big" gift for DS. We spend more time w/ him than any of the other playgroup kids but I wouldn't want to set up bad feelings w/ the others.

- I could donate it to Toys for Tots. I think it would make a great gift for someone that might not otherwise get to have one. But again, is it too extravagant a gift?

- I could donate it to a local non-profit to be raffled off at their holiday fair.

TIA

sste
08-10-2009, 10:06 AM
I kind of like the donating idea . . . do you have a battered women's shelter near you? That is one of my favorite places to donate to. Or any of the other charities sound good too.

The friend is also a good option but I have had it occur where the other party feels obligated to get a "comparable" gift and ends up spending 3X as much as I spent!

SnuggleBuggles
08-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I wouldn't give it to the friend. One, it is a really physically big gift. 2, it just seems too generous, even if you got a great deal on it. If I were the friend I would feel awkward accepting it.

I like your other 2 ideas though!

Beth

Melaine
08-10-2009, 10:12 AM
I have given big gifts like that to family or friends. A couple times I called the Mama ahead of time and asked how they felt about the gift (size wise). My friends and family know I shop bargains so I don't think the $$$ of the gift would phase them.
Donating would be a very nice idea, though!

DietCokeLover
08-10-2009, 10:30 AM
I vote for donating it ...... Maybe a children's home or something like that. Another thought is passing it on to a family that has lost their job/ income. They could use it for Christmas or birthday for DC with $$$$ being tight.

stella
08-10-2009, 10:32 AM
I wish you could give it to me. We have one that must be 18 years old, passed down from a friend down the street, and it is the favorite toy of my 2 year-old. I have really fond feelings for the cozy coupe.

Snow mom
08-10-2009, 11:27 AM
I think it would be super for toys for tots. If you give it to a charity make sure it is their intention to use it/ give it to someone in need who will use it. Some charities collect donations for a sale that they have and that isn't what I would want to happen with my donation of something like a Cozy Coupe.