PDA

View Full Version : Car seats for trip from airport

eyedoc_01
08-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Hey all,

I know a similar question has been asked, but here's my variation. We're taking our two boys to Disney and we will be flying with them in their car seats, so it's not a question of leaving the seats behind.

We don't want to rent a car if we can avoid it. I'm very worried about any vehicle travel with them not in their car seats, i.e. the trip from the airport to DW.

Couple of questions:

1. I thought that you couldn't use the car seats on the Magical Express. Is that true?

2. Has anyone had any luck with getting a minivan taxi from the airport and using their seats in that? We'd be willing to let the meter run while I install them (I've gotten pretty fast).

ps we're looking at early November. Anyone know if Space Mountain might open ahead of schedule?

egoldber
08-10-2009, 01:05 PM
You cannot use seats on the ME. There are no seatbelts. You can leave an infant in a carrier, but you can't buckle them in.

I would assume a van taxi would have seatbelts. It might be cheaper to rent a car in Orlando for a week than take a taxi both ways. Just a thought. Rentals in cental FL are pretty inexpensive.

I would not assume Space Mountain would open early. In general they are pretty good at estimating and sometimes things even run a little behind.