PDA

View Full Version : backpck recommendation for KG

urooj
08-10-2009, 03:45 PM
My daughter will b starting KG this fall she'll b 5 in dec but if big for her age .I am split between getting her a lands end or ll bean which would be better and what size should i get and if there r any coupon available.
TIA

Urooj

jjordan
08-10-2009, 07:42 PM
We got an LLBean one for my dd for preschool and we love it. I believe it is the junior original backpack. You can usually find a free shipping code if you look around.

jess_g
08-11-2009, 08:31 AM
I just went backpack shopping yesturday. I went to a sears store with lands end and to an LL Bean store. We loved the LL Bean Cricket packs, very cute and they hold a lot of stuff but they were $37. They haad all the backpacks on display at LL Bean which I thought was great so we could see them in person.

We ended up getting my son a featherlight backpack from lands end at Sears for Kindergarten. It is very light weight and has a lot of pockets to store little things. It was also on sale for $27. They also had the study hall backpacks on sale for $20 and I almost got him one of those but realy liked the feather light one better for my son.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/FeatherLightBackpack~186766_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TVY&CM_MERCH=IDX_00003__0000000388&origin=index

Hope this helps.

Jessica.

nupe
08-11-2009, 10:55 AM
We also have the lightweight LE backpack for our KGer.

o_mom
08-11-2009, 11:10 AM
There was a big thread on this a couple weeks ago, I'll see if I can dig it up. Many people were not happy with the fussy zippers on LLBean for that age. They said they tend to get the fabric caught. I bought DS1 the LE Small Haul. It is a good size and fits what he needs for now. I figure in a few years when he needs to bring books home we can get the next size up.

ETA: link: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=330794

MMMommy
08-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Another vote for the LE Small Haul. Great size and considerably roomy. Not overly huge and not too small.

melonkelli
08-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Our kindergarten requested that we don't send backpacks since the kids don't have to carry anything home. For the first 6 weeks we only have half days, so I'll just send a snack bag then see what's going to happen with lunch. (Sunnyvale, CA)

AddiesMom
08-11-2009, 01:26 PM
I bought the LL Bean junior one last year becasue it matched DD's LL Bean rolling duffel luggage. First one, the initials puckered all the material so I ordered another (it was sewn at the store and sent to me, not in Maine). New one, initials completely off center, looked horrible. Ordered a third with no initials, the zipper constantly got caught. Even I got frustrated zippering it.

So I returned it and got the Land's End junior one. First, the zipper does not get stuck, second, the organization is better in the pouches, third it has mesh pouches on the side for a water bottle. We use the bag for preschool, camp and traveling.

I normally swear by LL Bean but this is one product I was very frustrated with.

neeter
08-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Just got the LE Small Haul as well...it was 30% off at Sears, so about $17-18.