PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to buy a new playpen?

conniez
08-11-2009, 08:25 AM
I have a Graco Pack & Play that we've had since DD2 was born (she's 18 mos. now), and just today I noticed that my daughter was sticking her arm through a hole in the bottom of the playpen. Well...it's not exactly a hole; it was one of 2 slits (on each side) through which you thread a velcro so the padded base/cushion part can be strapped to the underside. I think it kept getting bigger over time from her poking her fingers through it and now it's about 3" L & 1" W. Do you think this could be a safety hazard (aside from the fact that she LOVES sticking her whole arm through & smushing her face against the side)?

stillplayswithbarbies
08-11-2009, 02:15 PM
I would contact Graco about it and see if they will replace it for you. But yes, I would get a new one. What if it suddenly gets big enough for her head to slip through?

conniez
08-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks for your input...I didn't know if I was just overreacting & worrying about nothing. I will call them & see if they can help me.

daisyd
08-11-2009, 03:29 PM
I had posted about a similar problem (but more minor) sometime ago. I ripped one mesh wall a bit while I was moving the play pen. It was the size of the tip of my pinky but the hole does get larger with time. Of course babies love fiddling with it.
Yes, I'd get it replaced. It sounds worrisome to me.