PDA

View Full Version : FP Rainforest Bouncer is just an expensive parking spot so far

Viv
08-11-2009, 12:51 PM
My daughter is almost four months old and she is still uninterested in the detachable bar with sound/lights. (To be fair, she can't yet reach the toys on the bar which cause the sounds and lights to function; she also hasn't reached the "batting" part of her development yet, so she just looks at the bar.) I am hoping that it becomes more fun for her as she develops the use of her arms. If not, then $54 is a lot for just a seat.

arivecchi
08-11-2009, 12:53 PM
My 2 kids never liked the bouncer too much. They definitely preferred the swing. However, I found the bouncy seat to be useful because I would park them there while I showered, cooked, etc. I could not move the swing around but could definitely move the bouncy seat from room to room as needed.

Snow mom
08-11-2009, 01:14 PM
I bought mine used but I thought it was fine that it was just a parking space. Honestly it was the best parking space we had so I was happy with what I could get. She would occasionally accidentially hit the toys but wasn't that into it until she was 5+ mos. Unfortunately she outgrew it (was able to sit up) by 6 1/2 mos. I miss my baby parking spaces :crying:

hellokitty
08-11-2009, 01:18 PM
It just really depends on your child. My oldest DS loved our FP ocean aquarium swing, but not so much the bouncer. DS2 didn't like the swing, but liked the bouncer. DS3 likes the swing and not the bouncer...

WatchingThemGrow
08-11-2009, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't look at it for the "toy" aspect. I see those types of things as just ways to get your arms free to do something. Is it enabling you to cook dinner, take a shower, or something else you normally couldn't do?

new_mommy25
08-11-2009, 01:50 PM
That's why when I was pregnant with DD I just bought the most inexpensive FP bouncer. I learned my lesson from DS where there were so many things I thought I had to have. All it's used for is a safe place to put baby when needed. Both my kids did love the bouncer.

catroddick
08-11-2009, 02:11 PM
DD is 5.5 months and has just in the past 2 weeks started interacting with the toys on her swing and bouncer. Give it time.

catsnkid
08-11-2009, 02:56 PM
My 2 month old son loves his used FP aquarium bouncer, just for the light and bubbles show. However for the swing I have a plain FP woodland friends travel one from target.

happymom
08-11-2009, 03:02 PM
DD didn't start playing with the toys until she was at least 5 months. Truth is through, it never entertained her for long. And by 6 months, the bouncer was in storage. But it was helpful while it lasted!!