PDA

View Full Version : Which bathroom counter tops do you have? like?

LD92599
08-11-2009, 10:01 PM
We are in the market for a new vanity and I want/prefer Corian for the countertop, seems "softer" or "warmer" for a bathroom but we're also looking at granite...granite seems more suited to the kitchen!

So, what do you have in the bathroom? Like it? Love it? Hate it?

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
08-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Corian. Our house just isn't the type of house that granite would make sense in, kwim? It would seem out of place with the style, price point...for our home. Quite happy with the counters.

Beth

newg
08-11-2009, 10:09 PM
we had corian in our old house....in the kitchen, but we were talking about putting it in the bathroom too........totally loved it....and totally miss it :( I think one of my fav. parts is the built in sink (optional I think)....no seams.....just push stuff right off the counter into the sink!!!
I will have corian again!!!!

KBecks
08-11-2009, 10:13 PM
One countertop is a dark granite the other is Swanstone (which is a Corian knock off). I really like the Swanstone, it wears really well and looks good. I do not like the granite so much, it shows water spots and hard water stains.

momof2girls
08-11-2009, 10:19 PM
We have dark granite and it needs to be cleaned daily since it shows very water spot....on the positive side, it's easy to know when it is dirty!

lchang25000
08-12-2009, 12:47 AM
We have granite countertop in our bathrooms. It's a medium-light neutral ed stone called ghibli.
http://www.graniteland.com/stone/ghibli

kwc
08-12-2009, 02:46 AM
Porcelain tile in one (white with glass accents... lovely but shows hair so much!).
Travertine in another
Limestone in master... love it. We put toothpaste/ makeup/ etc. on the sample to make sure it didn't etch/ bleach/ stain easily.

secchick
08-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Travartine in the master. Silestone in the kids baths and granite in the guest. Love the durability of the Silestone for those places.

codex57
08-12-2009, 01:32 PM
White cultured marble. I'm sure it was inexpensive cuz it was an option below tile, but I love it. No grout, no need to seal. Maybe not quite as pretty patterns as natural granite, but it's the same as all those other man made stuff like Corian.

ahrimie
08-13-2009, 12:32 AM
We have dark granite (with specks of blue and brown) but we have that for all of our countertops. When we moved in, that's the first thing we replaced in the house.

alien_host
08-13-2009, 01:13 AM
Corian in two baths and I really love it, easy to clean, looks great. White in one and Silver Birch in another.

Definitely ask for a large swatch before you decide. The 2x2 inch squares don't cut it. Our contractor got us 2 foot by 2 foot (min) slabs to hold up to the vanities, it really makes a difference.