PDA

View Full Version : Renting a rug doctor and the special cleaning solution--questions

HIU8
08-11-2009, 10:54 PM
We only have one room of carpet in the house (plus a staircase and hallway). We normally get it cleaned once a year by a professional. It's not chemdry, it's a steam cleaning. Anyway, we need to do it again, but it's just to expensive this time around (had it done about 6 months ago). Our carpet looks hideous with spots that we cannot get up. We really need to replace it, but are considering moving and won't replace until close to when we put the house up (going with an inexpensive berber with speckles at that point). Meanwhile, I need to do something b/c it's really bothering me (feel like I can't ever get it clean and I vaaccum all the time). I was thinking of renting a rug doctor steam vac and the solution from the grocery store. Does anyone have any experience with that? Does it actually get stains up? I think I remember reading that it was only $20 to rent it for the day plus the price of the solution?

The guy who does our carpet normally said that the stains we have will go away initially, but b/c of the wear of the carpet, no matter what they will eventually come back, and we will need to have the carpet cleaned again.