PDA

View Full Version : Kiddopotamus Poppit?

hellokitty
08-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Have any of you used this for a front carrier before (I have mei tais and a patapum)? If so, did you find that it worked well for you through the winter? I found one today at Meijer, 50% off and thought that the concept was good. Also, have any of you used it on your SR32 or safeseat? I didn't get it as a carseat cover, but it would be great if it could serve 2 purposes and do it well.

http://www.kiddopotamus.com/p_pop.php

hobie
08-13-2009, 01:41 AM
IMO, it would have a rather short lifespan, because it designed to fit only with carriers where the baby's legs hang straight down (so not compatable with carriers other than the bjorn type - no ring slings, pouches, mei tai, patapum/beco, etc). Catbird makes covers, as does Monkey Pockets.

hellokitty
08-13-2009, 08:56 AM
IMO, it would have a rather short lifespan, because it designed to fit only with carriers where the baby's legs hang straight down (so not compatable with carriers other than the bjorn type - no ring slings, pouches, mei tai, patapum/beco, etc). Catbird makes covers, as does Monkey Pockets.

It's not compatible with the mei tai or patapum? I think I can use it, it's just has two straps with velcro on each side that could work with my patapum and mei tai. I know that some of the wahms make covers, but they are waaay expensive and this is my last baby, so I'm not wanting to spend too much on a sling/carrier accessory, when I was able to find this for $16.

hobie
08-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Oh, I agree that $16 is a great deal! And I do think that the cover will attach to a MT or other SSC, but the bottom part may not be wide enough for the seated/spread legs position that carriers other than the bjorn have...I just wanted to point that out for other people who read the post. It will probably work for a very small baby, who has their legs tucked up, but it may not work with an older baby/toddler with longer legs.