PDA

View Full Version : Is Thomas Track more fun?

sste
08-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Is there any play value or general delight gained by the little ridgy-things on the thomas track (they give the train a tiny vibrating feel as you push it though I suppose this also makes it harder to keep on the track).

I need to buy more track and I am debating ponying up for more Thomas versus one of these choo choo tracks sets that I recall a bb poster praising. http://www.choochootrack.com/TrackSets.htm

If the thomas track is somehow a bit more fun or if mixing ridgy thomas and non thomas impedes high speed train movement (!) I can look for a deal on thomas.

Advice?

sariana
08-13-2009, 12:44 PM
My DS likes that the Thomas tracks have a road on the flip side, but he never complains about the generic track we have.

Thomas might be worth it if it comes with something like Knapford station or another building unique to the stories. For basic track pieces, I would get the less expensive one.

We have at least three different brands of track. The wood tones vary slightly, and the Thomas has more detail, but otherwise they all work together pretty well. Sometimes the joints are tight between different brands, but since it's wood, the "peg" can be sanded slightly so that it fits into the "hole" better.