PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Portable Basketball Set for 6 Yr old?

marchmommy
08-13-2009, 06:09 PM
I have a 6 yr old DS and almost 5 yr old DD, and the DS likes to play basketball outside with our Fisher Price basketball net which is broken (the backboard fell off, and the net falls down if a ball hits it). I want something better built, but don't want to spend the big bucks. Does anyone have a portable basketball system they really like, that wasn't too difficult to assemble, and wasn't much more than $200? There's a Lifetime unit on Amazon for $99, with a white backboard, and then there's a Lifetime or Spalding set for about $219--$250--but I'm worried these two will be difficult to assemble, and not sure they are worth the extra money. I want something to last at least a few years. TIA!

sariana
08-13-2009, 07:04 PM
The ILs got DS a Little Tykes one for his birthday last month. So I don't know about longevity or anything, but it is pretty simple. You fill the base with sand or water (we used water) to keep it stable. The height is adjustable.

DS hardly pays any attention to it, of course. But DD (18 months) loves it.

I'm pretty sure it cost less than $100, based on something my MIL said. But I can't say for certain because I didn't buy it. Sorry.