PDA

View Full Version : LG Chocolate vs. LG EnV3?

happymom
08-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Does anyone have either of these phones? I'm trying to decide which one to get. What do you love/hate about these phones?

Thanks!!!

neeleymartin
08-13-2009, 08:18 PM
i have the lg chocolate. as does dh and bff. we ALL hat this phone. pita to use. can't hear unless it's just right. my dh, who has fat big cheeks (wonder where ds got his?!?) i simply cannot hear him when he uses it. the microphone sits directly ON his cheek. so annoying. "WHAT? WHAT?"

l always graze the speaker feature with my face (it's touch, not button).

can't prop the phone on your shoulder and do a no handed talk. just doesn't work well. possible, but pita.

can't wait to upgrade. this phone sucks. wow, i didn't realize how much i really hated this phone until you asked. lol

g-mama
08-13-2009, 08:23 PM
I just got the LG enV3 two days ago. So far, I'm in LOVE. :love5:

It is WAY cool. Only problem I can report so far is that my 8yo ds constantly wants to play with it. I am brand new to the whole texting thing but am quickly finding it to be, well, awesome. :)

marie
08-13-2009, 09:24 PM
I had a Chocolate and didn't like it either. I would often activate something without meaning to when I was talking. And as a PP mentioned, you can't prop it up on your shoulder. I did like the interface though and thought that the tip calculator was ultra-cool. :)

good luck with your phone quest - I find it difficult to really know how you are going to like one until you're a month into a 2 year contract with it!

marie
mama to
DD1 9/03
DD2 12/07

happymom
08-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks for your replies. I was leaning towards the enV after reading lots of bad reviews about the Chocolate. The only really cool thing about the chocolate is that it has an FM transmitter. So I can download any songs or podcasts (more liekly podcasts in my case) and then listen to them on the stereo in my car. Very cool feature IMO. Also, I really wanted a flip phone because I find them easier to talk on without hands but now that youre telling me its hard to do that with the chocolate, thats just another reason not to get it.
Plus, the EnV has a better battery life and camera.

Anyone know what happens if youre using the mp3 player on the phone and you get a call? Do you lose your place on the song/podcast?

Big decisions, I know. Sigh.

Thanks! :)

codex57
08-14-2009, 03:43 AM
Is it the flip Chocolate? Don't like that one. Like the older slider one.

Env3 is awesome. Only played with it a little, but client has the Env2 which I love and the Env3 is basically the same but with some improvements.

aa2mama
08-14-2009, 10:12 AM
I had an older model of Chocolate before the FM transmitter. I currently have an Env3. I was constantly hitting random buttons while talking on my Chocolate. Muting people out, putting them on speaker phone, etc. Maybe they fixed the layout in the current Chocolate? I much prefer the Env3 due to that and also because I text quite a bit. I thought that the reception on my Chocolate was a teensy bit better, though.

DebbieJ
08-14-2009, 11:25 AM
I have the EnV3 and love it!

azazela
08-14-2009, 01:47 PM
I've had my enV2 for almost a year now and I'm still in LOVE! :heartbeat: LOL From what I understand enV3 has some slight improvements but not much different.

happymom
08-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks for all your replies. DH is on the way to the Verizon store right now to get me the EnV3! Yay! The small things in life....:)