PDA

View Full Version : 40% off at Dermstore, incl CA Baby

NancyJ_redo
08-14-2009, 02:59 PM
I've never shopped here and after a quick scan of the Dermstore website, couldn't find anything I *had* to have (already stocked up on CA Baby stuff), but if anyone finds any great items, please post back!

Ripped from SD...

Bing 30% Cashback + 10% + Free S&H @ DermStore
Bing is offering 30% cashback on all DermStore orders through Bing. DermStore also offers 10% by adding a product to "Your Favorites" so you get a total of 40% off!

Just log into your bing account and either search through Bing Shopping (http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=1505837&u2=http://www.bing.com/shopping) [bing.com (http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=1505837&u2=http://www.bing.com/shopping)] for a product or go here (http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=1505837&u2=http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/stores.aspx?FORM=PRFS07) [bing.com (http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=1505837&u2=http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/stores.aspx?FORM=PRFS07)] and find Dermstore then click "go to store".

Once at Dermstore and you find your product just click add to favorites then checkout through favorites and you get an additional 10% off.

Great time to stock up on products you go through on a regular basis or try new ones.

Enjoy! http://i.slickdeals.net/images/smilies/emot-woot.gif

Oh yeah, they have free shipping too!

calv
08-14-2009, 03:12 PM
i'm totally new to bing. how do i know i'm doing it right? LOL. yes I'm a tad lost ;)

eta: so my total is $102 for 5 bottles of CB shampoo. when do I see/get that 30% back from the dermstore in my bing/paypal account?

smiles33
08-14-2009, 03:57 PM
In addition to CA Baby, I also got some Blue Lizard sunscreen and Billy Jealousy shave cream for my husband. Thanks OP! Now I just have to hope this Bing thing works. This is my first time using them!

nanoo
08-14-2009, 05:43 PM
SO, I just signed up for bing.com to try and take advantage of this offer. Should I get the cashback thru paypal option or is there a cut that paypal takes?

NancyJ_redo
08-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Using Bing, the only time you have to use Paypal to pay is when you buy on Ebay. So with all other stores the payment method is up to you.

Caly - log into your Bing account (or create one if you don't have one, it's quick and free to do). Then on the Bing website click on Shopping (on left side), cashback stores (on left side), go to "D" and click on Dermstore.com, then it will link you to dermstore. Make sure you see the 30% CB banner as it links you.

Once you're on dermstore you won't see any evidence of having gone through bing, i.e. it won't appear in your checkout or anywhere else. But after you pay on dermstore you should receive an email from Bing confirmign the amt you're due from Bing. The email could take anywhere from 5 mins to 2 days to receive. After you receive the CB confirmation the cash will be deposited into your bing account (again, the time it takes for the deposit to occur varies). Once the cash is deposited, I forget what happens next, I think I usually just transfer it to my paypal acct and then use that to shop some more :bighand:

NancyJ_redo
08-14-2009, 06:02 PM
SO, I just signed up for bing.com to try and take advantage of this offer. Should I get the cashback thru paypal option or is there a cut that paypal takes?

No, paypal doesn't take a cut.

Snow mom
08-14-2009, 06:09 PM
I already got my email from bing. I got two of the large shampoos for $36.76 and got back a bit more than $11 from bing. Awesome deal :cheerleader1:

Also, I just got my first payment from ebates deposited into my paypal. It's been a good refund day.

nanoo
08-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Thanks everyone! I just got some CA stuff and an anti-oil thing I've been eyeing for ages!

nanoo
08-14-2009, 06:24 PM
BTW, anyone remember how much the CA Baby sunscreen is at Target?Dermstore is asking $20.xx retail, so with 40% off it would be $12.5x, is that less than Target?

Snow mom
08-14-2009, 06:30 PM
BTW, anyone remember how much the CA Baby sunscreen is at Target?Dermstore is asking $20.xx retail, so with 40% off it would be $12.5x, is that less than Target?

I think it's $18.99 at Target. It should be on their website. The dermstore CA Baby prices seemed a bit high, but with the 40% off it's a really good deal.

honeybefly
08-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks for posting this. I was running low on CA Baby. I just wanted to point out that with 10% off first and then 30% off after, it's more like 37% off. :wink2: It's still a FANTASTIC deal. I am debating whether I should get the $175 Zeno device. Also, it looks like you get an Allure magazine subscription that can be cashed out for $12.

Thanks again!

nanoo
08-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks Snow mom!

honeybefly, how do you cash out the Allure offer?

NancyJ_redo
08-14-2009, 06:36 PM
I just wanted to point out that with 10% off first and then 30% off after, it's more like 37% off. :wink2:

I thought about that as I cut and pasted the original post from SlickDeals but didn't have time to correct the math, so I figured 40% was close enough. But it seems you're a woman after my own heart with your math precision :thumbsup:

honeybefly
08-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks Snow mom!

honeybefly, how do you cash out the Allure offer?

The details are here:
http://www.dermstore.com/product_Gift+With+Purchase+-+1+Year+Allure+Subscription_19179.htm

Snow mom
08-14-2009, 06:48 PM
The details are here:
http://www.dermstore.com/product_Gift+With+Purchase+-+1+Year+Allure+Subscription_19179.htm

Oh, I'm so sad I removed the Allure from my order. I didn't want to get hassled by Allure in the future and really didn't want the magazine, but I'd be happy to get $12 back.

nanoo
08-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks honeybefly! I hope I get the $12, but the terms say thr total purchase had to be $75 to qualify, which mine was not...but the allure offer showed up in my cart and on the final order, so I'll give it a try!

indigo99
08-14-2009, 07:15 PM
I was about to place an order and then changed my mind. It's probably fine, but I checked resellerratings.com and found 2/2 bad reviews of the site. I was also bothered that it was adding sales tax to my order. If they don't have a presence in my state then there shouldn't be any sales tax. If they do then that's fine, but the amount that they were collecting isn't in line with the rate that they should be collecting so... just makes me wonder.

nanoo
08-14-2009, 07:39 PM
indigo99, not sure where you are, but one of Dermstore's shipping centers is based in CA, so its residents get charged tax...

Eve
08-14-2009, 09:11 PM
thanks for the tip. just placed my order. I was just actually telling my DH tonight that I needed more California Baby body wash.

nellonello
08-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks! Got CA Baby and Tweezers.

jgenie
08-14-2009, 09:58 PM
What am I doing wrong? When I search for dermstore, I get this page. Any tips??

Nevermind - got it!!

jerigirl
08-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks for sharing! We are running low on CA Baby body wash for DS, so this was perfect timing! I got a notice that my 30% was pending in my bing acct less than 10 minutes after the confirmation email came from Dermstore. Awesome!

TahliasMom
08-15-2009, 01:23 AM
do u know when we will be able to redeem the money from the bing account? i couldn't quite figure it out from their website.
thanks

Snow mom
08-15-2009, 09:21 AM
do u know when we will be able to redeem the money from the bing account? i couldn't quite figure it out from their website.
thanks

I think you have to have at least $5 in your account and there is a 60 day waiting period. I'm not sure if the waiting period only applies to when your account is first opened.

Snow mom
08-15-2009, 10:49 AM
I just received an e-mail with my UPS tracking info. I'm really impressed with how quickly they shipped.

longamkl
08-15-2009, 11:40 AM
I did this and ordered some CA baby stuff but I haven't received the confirmation email of the cashback (I did see the notice about 30% cashback before I began shopping.) I know it can take two days but when I signed in to Bing today, it looked like I had to still create a cashback account - I thought that was done yesterday when I created the Bing account. I just called to try and cancel my DermStore order but only got a voicemail. What do you think?

TahliasMom
08-15-2009, 12:35 PM
I think you have to have at least $5 in your account and there is a 60 day waiting period. I'm not sure if the waiting period only applies to when your account is first opened.

thanks! i have over a 100 thanks to you ladies and i would love to cash it out. hehe

indigo99
08-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm not in Cali, I'm in TN. The sales tax that it was adding was actually less than our state sales tax so... not sure what that was for.

nanoo
08-15-2009, 06:59 PM
indigo99, did you try calling their cust. service #? They were very nice when I spoke to them. They said they had both a spa and dist. center in CA, so maybe there is one of those in TN?

Nibbler
08-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the tip! Got some CA baby & Mustela to try...it's also my first foray into cashback land, but so far so good!

longamkl
08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
SO Frustrating!

When it looked like I hadn't received the cashback in my account (I never received a confirmation email) I cancelled my order with Derm Store. Then the cash back appeared in my account so I tried to reinstate my order but Derm Store said they were having website difficulties and couldn't process my request but "that it would be processed as soon as possible".

Today, I gave up waiting for them and thought that I would just start a new order as the website was clearly working and now the California Baby large size baby wash is out of stock! I give up.

jeno
08-18-2009, 04:56 PM
xxxxxxx

jerigirl
08-19-2009, 09:26 AM
I got an email this morning from them that the large pump of calming body wash is now back in stock!

jerigirl
08-19-2009, 10:28 AM
I didn't read the email carefully! There is a 15% off code EMNS15 as well! They didn't give an expiration date.

longamkl
08-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Unbelievable! I had just placed my order when I saw your second post Jerigirl! When I spoke to customer service yesterday they said it would be a week or two before the large size pump would be back in stock. I've now tried placing a second (or third or fourth?) order using the discount code - it worked and I'll see if I can cancel the first order. Thank you so much.

jerigirl
08-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Unbelievable! I had just placed my order when I saw your second post Jerigirl! When I spoke to customer service yesterday they said it would be a week or two before the large size pump would be back in stock. I've now tried placing a second (or third or fourth?) order using the discount code - it worked and I'll see if I can cancel the first order. Thank you so much.

Good! I was hoping you would see this soon and re-order.

gogok
08-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Do they have the larger size of the super sensitive shampoo? Was it just out of stock or they don't carry it? Too bad they don't have the swimmer shampoo.

Also, if I use the 15% coupon, will I still get the Bing CB?

Thanks!

honeybefly
08-19-2009, 06:36 PM
I'd be careful of any coupon codes as they may invalidate your bing cashback!

jerigirl
08-19-2009, 06:49 PM
I'd be careful of any coupon codes as they may invalidate your bing cashback!

yeah. I got that email after I placed my first order. I haven't tried using the code and the and the bing deal. I don't really need to place another order right now.

veronica
08-20-2009, 08:49 AM
OK ladies....you finally got me to totally cave ;) (longest time ever for me to cave on a deal....)

But, I am really excited and wanted to share. Although my kids are totally into bath bubbles, which I know are bad, I did get the California baby. We have been partial to the huggies super sensitive wash since it does bubble but I know this will be healthier. Anyway here's what I got:
I did use the 15% code posted above (TY) . Total came to $66.70. I received my bing email just 8 minutes later for $20 CB!!!! So all of this for $46.70!!! and the allure offer is in there, even though the 15% made the order less than $75 so I am going to try it anyway and will update.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream 1$26.00$26.
Two California Baby Shampoo & Body Wash - Calming7645 2$20.42$40.84
California Baby Hair Conditioner Super Sensitive - Fragrance Free7650 1$11.62$11.62
DermStore Gift With Purchase - 1 Year Allure Subscription19179 1Included

ETA: I have always used coupon codes with Bing and never had a problem not getting the CB. Do you think they will take it away? I have never had them take it away before.....

jerigirl
08-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Got my order today! Thanks NancyJ for sharing!