PDA

View Full Version : Target's brand of "Dobies" is bleeding blue!

Fairy
08-15-2009, 02:19 PM
I ran out of dobies, and I only use dobies, and so I saw the Target brand of them and bought them. They didn't have Dobies brand (3m makes 'em I think), just theirs, but they looked exactly the same, only blue. So, I'm using them, but they're bleeding blue. The color of the thing is getting into the dish soap and everythign is blue. That can't be good for us. I'm just so ANNOYED. It's not really a bitch, just more a WTF? I've used scrunges and that sort of thing, all different colors, and never has anything bled. Regular dobies are yellow; I am nearly sure they're not bleeding colors. Anyone else have this issue?

katydid1971
08-15-2009, 02:40 PM
stupid question but what is a dobie? I googled it but couldn't figure it out.

srhs
08-15-2009, 02:44 PM
stupid question but what is a dobie?:yeahthat:

eta: Ok, I found it: http://www.drillspot.com/products/354367/3M_720_Dobie_AP_Cleaning_Pad
All-Purpose Cleaning Pad

Sorry, Fairy, that STINKS. Sounds like you shouldn't be cleaning this weekend! It's counterproductive. ;)

elliput
08-15-2009, 02:49 PM
I :heartbeat: Dobies.

Fairy
08-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Yes, dobies are all I use. I :heartbeat: them too :-)

Ah ... counterproductive. Yes, not cleaning would be LOVELY. But if I don't do the dishes, AIN'T NO ONE WILL. In my play, there are lines from my castmates that go:

So, Marsha cleaned the house and baked a chicken.
Jim won't cook or clean.
I mow the lawn you bake the chicken.
We're traditional that way, I guess.

Yeah. That would be my house. So, I need my dobies.

trentsmom
08-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Another Dobie person here! Now I know to stay away from the Target brand ones. One time in the past, I tried the generic ones from the grocery store, but they just didn't hold up like the originals. Not only are they good for scrubbing things in the kitchen, but they are great at getting paint splatters off of wall light switches.

jenny
08-16-2009, 08:21 AM
I only use Dobies too since they don't scratch your pans. But they're so darn expensive, I always wonder if I shouldn't buy it...now I know not to buy the Target brand...thanks!