PDA

View Full Version : Best first doll for 2 1/2 year old DD?

maylips
08-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Now that our little DS is here, DD is very interested in babies and we think getting her a doll is a great idea.

This is her first doll - I've looked at Corolle Calins before, but at her age, would it be wise to skip the smaller doll and go for a bigger one? And if so, what would you recommend?

athompson
08-15-2009, 06:11 PM
IMHO, Calin is the perfect size for a 2 1/2 year old. My little girl loves her and like many others here, prefers to carry her around w/o her clothes on so I wouldn't go too crazy on the clothes if I were you;)

Now that our little DS is here, DD is very interested in babies and we think getting her a doll is a great idea.

This is her first doll - I've looked at Corolle Calins before, but at her age, would it be wise to skip the smaller doll and go for a bigger one? And if so, what would you recommend?

smiles33
08-15-2009, 06:17 PM
How big is your 2.5 year old? My 3 year old is about 36" tall and has both the Calin Yang (the 12" Asian one) and the Choquette (14" Asian one). She loves them both for different reasons but if your DD is super tall or super short, then it may make a difference. if she's average, maybe go with a Calin, as they're baby sized. My DD even "nurses" her Calin Yang after seeing me nurse her baby sister.

MamaMolly
08-15-2009, 09:49 PM
DD will be 3 soon and I just bought her a Calin. It is really a lovely doll, and just like the PP she is and stays nekkid. :) Perfect for a first doll IMO. DD has a few super-cheap plastic dolls that I really don't like and DD doesn't play with much, I think many will get 'lost' in our upcoming move. I love the Calin's soft body.

MamaKath
08-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Baby Calin is a great first doll. Gotz also makes very nice baby dolls. http://www.absolutelydolls.com/babies.htm

I also LOVE the Madame Alexander Baby Huggums and come with either a completely soft body or with vinyl arms and legs (like Calin). The all soft was our dd's first doll (and she got another one with the vinyl arms and legs when she was a bit older) and we can't say enough about them. You can see a bunch of the styles here- http://www.matildadolls.com/esm_huggums_dolls.htm The style has been around a long time, and they are beautifully made.

Tammy
08-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Yep, Corolle Calin here too and DD likes her. Loves to take her clothes off and have me put them back on too!

new_mommy25
08-17-2009, 03:32 AM
The Calin in a beautiful doll. I would choose something within that size range. It's perfect for her age.