PDA

View Full Version : Tcp sizing

EXPECTINGMAY
08-16-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm trying to stock up on summer clothes for my daughter for next summer. She'll be 2 in May. She is in the 25th-30th % for weight & 75th % for height. TCP does not have size 2T. Should I order 24 months or 3T? Does anyone have any experience with sizing for a 2yo in the same % range.

TIA

TwinFoxes
08-16-2009, 06:42 AM
I'm trying to stock up on summer clothes for my daughter for next summer. She'll be 2 in May. She is in the 25th-30th % for weight & 75th % for height. TCP does not have size 2T. Should I order 24 months or 3T? Does anyone have any experience with sizing for a 2yo in the same % range.

TIA

No advice, but I have a Danica too!

Melaine
08-16-2009, 07:39 AM
I would definitely go with 3T for dresses and tops if it were me. Pants are a little more tricky, but I think you'd do better sizing up in those too, especially for anything with adjustable waist. Even cotton-type shorts and skirts could be deliberately shrunk if needed. My prediction would be that 24m would be too small before your summer is over (then again, where I am summer last about 6 months).

mecawa
08-16-2009, 08:52 AM
My DD is built like that too, she's 5 now but when she was 2 I think I was buying 3T's from TCP. I usually have to buy a size up for her at TCP, she wears 5's everywhere else but at TCP I just bought her some 6's.

sarahsthreads
08-16-2009, 08:56 AM

TIA

My experience with TCP is that they run narrow - which is why they were perfect for my 25th %-ile weight/80th %-ile height DD1...not so much for DD2 who is 50th %-ile across the board.

I would go with 3T. DD1 was definitely wearing 3T things from TCP shortly after her 2nd birthday. In fact, that's the only place I could find pants that fit her length-wise that didn't fall down!

Now at 4.5, though, I need to get DD1 the size small (5/6) in tops and size 4 in bottoms there, because a) she needs the torso length in the tops, but her legs must be shorter than average and b) the tops in the big girl's section are cut so narrow it's ridiculous. Definitely missing the little girl's clothes there. :(

Sarah :)

SnuggleBuggles
08-16-2009, 09:02 AM
I posted on the other thread. Thinking about bottoms...my 20mo can still wear 6-9m shorts from TCP. They are ridiculously short but they fit in the waist. The thing about shorts is that they are forgiving since the waist is elastic and specific length doesn't really matter.

Beth

JBaxter
08-16-2009, 09:58 AM
I posted on the other thread also. I have boys and have bought alot of TCP clothes for my 4. We have an outlet so I regularly hit the 1.99/2.99 sales

Id say buy a few of each 3T for tops and probably dresses < insert I have no knowledge of little girl dresses I have 4 boys> but guy a few smaller bottoms esp if you are buying pants. Shorts you can fudge a little on the sizes.

Im buying 3T few 2T for Jack next year also. He is 18-24 month size now.

EXPECTINGMAY
08-16-2009, 02:43 PM
No advice, but I have a Danica too!

Oh Yay! I love, love, love that name :heartbeat:
They are the same age too!