PDA

View Full Version : What is the cheapest you've seen the Volo for?

Chag78
08-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Do you think there will be major deals when the new ones come out? When is that usually? TIA.

clc053103
08-16-2009, 03:32 PM
i paid $69 at babye-store.com, there were a few on ebay with stained seats a week or so ago for $55.

strollerqueen
08-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Some citizens of Strollerland bought the $55 ones, and were happy with them. Apparently the red dye bled onto the size of the seat a bit. They do have more.

pb&j
08-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks, that's an awesome deal!

Chag78
08-16-2009, 08:28 PM
i paid $69 at babye-store.com

When was this?

Thanks StrollerQueen.

SnuggleBuggles
08-16-2009, 08:36 PM
That little red bleeding is the only problem? That is a great price. What is the difference btw the 2008 and 2009? Any reason to pay more for a 2009 model? eta- I bought it! Couldn't pass up the price even though I personally dislike red. Thanks for passing on this great deal!

Beth

nrp
08-16-2009, 10:39 PM
I just ordered one of the $55 volos too! Thanks strollerqueen for the tip. I have been eyeing one for awhile, and this seemed like a great deal. I have a techno which I liked fine when DD and DS were younger, but a volo seems to perfect to stash in the car for quick trips. I figure I can resell it for close to $55 one of these days anyway, stains or no.

strollerqueen
08-16-2009, 10:46 PM
When was this?

Thanks StrollerQueen.

They are on Ebay. And if you go through live.com (now bing.com) you can get another 10% off.

strollerqueen
08-16-2009, 10:50 PM
I just ordered one of the $55 volos too! Thanks strollerqueen for the tip. I have been eyeing one for awhile, and this seemed like a great deal. I have a techno which I liked fine when DD and DS were younger, but a volo seems to perfect to stash in the car for quick trips. I figure I can resell it for close to $55 one of these days anyway, stains or no.

You are so welcome!:applause:

strollerqueen
08-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks, that's an awesome deal!

Hope you like it!

strollerqueen
08-16-2009, 10:52 PM
That little red bleeding is the only problem? That is a great price. What is the difference btw the 2008 and 2009? Any reason to pay more for a 2009 model? eta- I bought it! Couldn't pass up the price even though I personally dislike red. Thanks for passing on this great deal!

Beth

Maclaren has some really cute seat liners for $25, if you want to cover up some of the red. I couldn't find any deals on those, though, just no tax and free shipping. I bought three! :ROTFLMAO:

jme
08-17-2009, 04:30 AM
how do you get the ones taht are 55

SnuggleBuggles
08-17-2009, 08:51 AM
how do you get the ones taht are 55

I simply went to ebay and searched for "Maclaren Volo" and it was the second thing that came up.

Beth

clc053103
08-17-2009, 09:15 AM
I just checked and looks like the $69 ones on babye-store.com are sold out, they have no volos.

However, I would go with the $55 one in a heartbeat!

When I got my "leftover" model, a friend got a 2009. the only differences we noticed were the pattern of the seatbacks (the mesh sections on the 2009 were down the sides, rather than across the whole back on the earlier model) and the buckle is different (but there was nothing wrong with the buckle on either). I find the harness, even when done as a 3 pt, to be a little short but I use it for a 4 year old who doesn't need it really, it's our"disney" stroller!

Radosti
08-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Bought mine for $25 from target on clearance early this year.

SnuggleBuggles
08-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Just received my $55 Volo and it is great! The pink spot is less than the size of a dime. No complaints at all with the stroller or transaction. Thanks again for sharing this deal!

Beth

arivecchi
08-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Oh no. I should not have read this thread. :ROTFLMAO:I want one now and I don't need another Mac, right? :innocent:

Chag78
08-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Just received my $55 Volo and it is great! The pink spot is less than the size of a dime. No complaints at all with the stroller or transaction. Thanks again for sharing this deal!

Beth

Yes, but some of the reviews on Ebay said the stains were really bad. It's seems like it's just dumb luck whether you get a really stained one or not.

pb&j
08-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Got mine today as well - just a few barely noticeable pink stains on one side. Awesome deal, esp since it includes the rain cover, too. Even if the stains had been all over the place, I would still think it is a great deal. They are only cosmetic - the stroller is in perfect working order. I can't wait to sell my Quest!!

Chag78
08-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Do you think it's too girly for a boy?

conniez
08-20-2009, 09:02 AM
What do the Volos usually retail for? And are these only the 2008 ones? I checked out the ebay listing & it looks like it must've been a HUGE batch that had the bleeding issues!

pb&j
08-20-2009, 09:27 AM
What do the Volos usually retail for? And are these only the 2008 ones? I checked out the ebay listing & it looks like it must've been a HUGE batch that had the bleeding issues!

With rain cover they're usually $130. I think they're all 2008's, but I think the 08's are the same as the 09's. They have the new style harness and the linked brakes.

SnuggleBuggles
08-20-2009, 09:29 AM
No, I don't think red is too girly. Red is a primary color that is perfectly ok for a boy, imo. Plus, it's a stroller. :) I just don't worry that much. I also agree, even if there were pink stains in multiple places I would have bought it. There are fixes for things like that. Plus, I am sure in no time we will be adding our own spots and stains to it! Not really worried about perfect appearance, just function.

It doesn't look like these ones are still available though, are they? It was yesterday that I checked and they could have added more. They already did that to me once before (changed the quantity left by adding more inventory).

They are 2008 but AlbeeBaby is still selling that year for $115.

Beth

ku9296
08-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Mine came with bigger stains than picutred on the website but they're not that noticeable and the stroller works perfectly fine (steers so smoothly!!) so I think it was a great deal. I did read some ebay reviews, though, that mentioned that stains were all over the seat so I think some strollers have more stains than others.

By the way, I use red strollers for my son and so do other moms (with boys) in the area. I also have red T-shirts and polo shirts for him too--I don't think red is limited to girls.

catpagmo
08-20-2009, 10:55 AM
It doesn't look like these ones are still available though, are they? It was yesterday that I checked and they could have added more. They already did that to me once before (changed the quantity left by adding more inventory).

Beth

It looks like there are about 10 available again. Check this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Maclaren-Volo-Crimson-2008-New-in-Box-Stained-Seat_W0QQitemZ250485624825QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3a521b4ff9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I agree about the red. Definitely not girly, but suitable for a girl or boy.

Chag78
08-20-2009, 03:16 PM
I also agree, even if there were pink stains in multiple places I would have bought it. There are fixes for things like that.

Like what? I bought one...crossing my fingers!

ang79
08-20-2009, 05:41 PM
I keep seeing these $55 ones on Ebay and am tempted. I have a tall, 30 lbs. 3 yr. old and a very petite 8 mos. old. Would this stroller work for both kids? Is it a true umbrella fold or a flat fold? We don't use a stroller all that much but when I need one for both kids I have a Graco DuoGlider and if its just one of the kids the baby is still in the Graco infant seat in the Snap-n-Go and I have a cheap umbrella w/ no shade or a flat fold Kolcraft for my toddler, but both of those are getting harder to stear as she gets bigger.

arivecchi
08-20-2009, 05:43 PM
I keep seeing these $55 ones on Ebay and am tempted. I have a tall, 30 lbs. 3 yr. old and a very petite 8 mos. old. Would this stroller work for both kids? Is it a true umbrella fold or a flat fold? We don't use a stroller all that much but when I need one for both kids I have a Graco DuoGlider and if its just one of the kids the baby is still in the Graco infant seat in the Snap-n-Go and I have a cheap umbrella w/ no shade or a flat fold Kolcraft for my toddler, but both of those are getting harder to stear as she gets bigger. Yes. It will work with both! Get it! We use our Mac for both kiddos.

pb&j
08-20-2009, 08:10 PM
I keep seeing these $55 ones on Ebay and am tempted. I have a tall, 30 lbs. 3 yr. old and a very petite 8 mos. old. Would this stroller work for both kids? Is it a true umbrella fold or a flat fold? We don't use a stroller all that much but when I need one for both kids I have a Graco DuoGlider and if its just one of the kids the baby is still in the Graco infant seat in the Snap-n-Go and I have a cheap umbrella w/ no shade or a flat fold Kolcraft for my toddler, but both of those are getting harder to stear as she gets bigger.

My 40 lb 3.5 yo and my 17lb 9mo both took rides in it last night, and both were very comfortable. Steered beautifully one handed with each kiddo.

ETA: It is a true umbrella fold.

conniez
08-20-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm tempted to buy one, too, eventhough I just bought an '09 Quest :bag

srhs
08-20-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm tempted to buy one, too, eventhough I just bought an '09 Quest :bag
I hear ya! I finally bought one of these today. I have a NIB 07 Quest sitting in my garage. Scored a great deal on it but can't find replacement neutral skins under $75, and it's hot pink coral...so basically useless for now with DSs. <sigh> Haven't told DH about the Volo yet...hoping labor will earn me some free passes on baby gear insanity. ;)

bnme
08-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Just bumping that the $55 ones are up on ebay again. I just bought one, so a big thank you to the poster who gave the link :thumbsup:!

We are going to Disney in Oct with our 5 & 6yo and the only stroller I have left is a Volo. I know they will both need it to ride and this is perfect and a great price since I most likely will never use it again!

AddiesMom
08-22-2009, 08:29 AM
On eBay they are now selling the Mac Oraniser (organizer) for $22 w/free shipping. Not only good for storage, but flip it over the hood before folding and it keeps the wheels from getting the white hood dirty! I love mine!

SnuggleBuggles
08-22-2009, 11:19 AM
I hear ya! I finally bought one of these today. I have a NIB 07 Quest sitting in my garage. Scored a great deal on it but can't find replacement neutral skins under $75, and it's hot pink coral...so basically useless for now with DSs. <sigh> Haven't told DH about the Volo yet...hoping labor will earn me some free passes on baby gear insanity. ;)

My friend uses her dd's hot pink Volo for her ds. I see no problem with tha...consider it the mom's accessory if you want. :)

Beth

SnuggleBuggles
08-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Like what? I bought one...crossing my fingers!

I don't know, I figure maybe some oxiclean and scrubbing. :) Like I told dh, we are likely to put our own spots and spills on it in a matter of days anyway!

Beth

clc053103
08-22-2009, 03:18 PM
On eBay they are now selling the Mac Oraniser (organizer) for $22 w/free shipping. Not only good for storage, but flip it over the hood before folding and it keeps the wheels from getting the white hood dirty! I love mine!

this is a GREAT tip!!! Thanks!

pomegranate
08-23-2009, 12:42 AM
I am totally late to this thread. Didn't know it contained a sweet deal. It looks like the deal is currently dead. I didn't see any available just now. Too bad.

AddiesMom
08-23-2009, 07:11 AM
I am totally late to this thread. Didn't know it contained a sweet deal. It looks like the deal is currently dead. I didn't see any available just now. Too bad.

Keep looking, they added more the other day!

AddiesMom
08-24-2009, 11:46 AM

Just checked, they have one listed again!

pomegranate
08-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks Michelle! I'm going to get one now.

todzwife
08-24-2009, 01:55 PM
I got mine and I LOVE it! I'm kicking myself for not getting a Mac sooner! What a great deal thank you!

jenfromnj
08-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Got my Volo today, the stains are definitely noticeable but not too too terrible--one splotch the size of a half dollar or so, and a streak about 4-5 inches long, both on the outside of the white netting.

The only seemingly odd thing is that the hood that came with the stroller is a grey color, not white as it appeared in the listing (and in the photos I've seen of other 2008 red volos). Was this true for anyone else? It isn't a huge deal given the price of the stroller, but it looks a bit strange.

bnme
08-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Got mine today! It is great. The stain is exactly as pictured in the listing, not even an inch long and only 1. I guess I am lucky.

My hood is grey, too. I think it looks OK since the only white on the stroller is the mesh. But I probably won't even use it.

So happy I found this. Thanks again!

cindys
08-25-2009, 02:06 PM
I want to order one of these sooooo bad!!

DH would kill me...

We already have a Mac Techno and a BJED...

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...18, 3 and 10mos:love-retry::love-retry::love-retry:

conniez
08-26-2009, 01:57 AM
I want to order one of these sooooo bad!!

DH would kill me...

We already have a Mac Techno and a BJED...

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...18, 3 and 10mos:love-retry::love-retry::love-retry:

I know!! I see that a lot of people are ordering them, and I want to get one, too...but then I remember how my daughter sat in the Quest so it probably wouldn't work for us anyway :(

nrp
08-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Got mine a couple of days ago and I LOOOVE it. Only gone around the house with the kids, but both seem comfortable. It's so much lighter than my Techno and I love the carry strap. I had the accessory pocket thing that I bought for the Techno and never used (since it has its own pockets). There were a few stains, but nothing bigger than a dime and, like everyone said, we'll make our own stains soon enough!

pomegranate
09-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I got mine yesterday and I wasn't so lucky: there were quite a few red stains. But overall I'm still very happy with the purchase. The price was great!

TonFirst
09-01-2009, 09:51 PM
$49 at TJ Maxx, this past spring.

Chag78
09-02-2009, 01:54 AM
$49 at TJ Maxx, this past spring.

Never in the Southern CA area.

cindys
10-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Anyone know if this deal has come back or will be coming back?

We just sold our BJCED because our 3 yr old decided he doesnt like to ride anymore but we need something when we go to Disney because he does get tired...

My 11mos old will be in the Maclaren Techno XT.

Thanks!

Cindy

Katigre
10-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Craigslist is probably your best bet for a cheap volo - I see them for $50-$80 all the time on my local one.

I figured out why the hood is grey and not white - the red volos on Ebay are from Gap.com's Volo exclusive, not their regular line.

cindys
10-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Yeah, been looking on CL..Nothing yet...Actually we sold on BJCED on CL.

Can you believe the person who bought it lives in Tampa and was going to Nashville to visit and swung by Ga to pick it up!

jenfromnj
10-01-2009, 10:06 PM
I figured out why the hood is grey and not white - the red volos on Ebay are from Gap.com's Volo exclusive, not their regular line.

Thank you for posting this! For some reason, the grey hood was puzzling me--this makes perfect sense!