PDA

View Full Version : Underwire poking out? Anything to fix it?

Andi98989
08-17-2009, 11:44 AM
When I was around 19 weeks pregnant I had to buy a new bra. I have a horrible time finding bras that fit - I was a 32G pre-pregnancy. I ended up at my local lactation consultant store and they got me set up with an awesome Medela nursing bra that they carried in stock in a 38H. (I can hardly wait to see what happens when my milk comes in ... eeek!)

Anyway, this is my main bra and over the weekend I noticed that the underwire for the right cup is coming out up at the top of the cup. It's jabbing in me in my arm/side and is really annoying. I've sent an email to Medela customer service to let them know about it. Keeping my fingers crossed they'll offer to replace the bra since it isn't that old. I've never had this happen to a bra before - is there anything I can do to try and fix it? I tried taping over the opening with medical tape this morning, but the wire has now poked that out of the way.

MaiseyDog
08-17-2009, 12:38 PM
You can poke it back in and sew it shut. Doesn't have to look pretty, just use a lot of thread to reinforce it. I will tell you though, that more than likely the cup size is not correct. Being chesty myself, this happens use to happen fairly frequently. Once I sized up in the cup, it stopped.

JTsMom
08-17-2009, 09:01 PM
I've had that happen several times, and I've never been able to get it to stay in after it popped out, no matter what I tried.