PDA

View Full Version : Breathable Bumper & Stroller Shades @ Marshalls, YMMV

srhs
08-18-2009, 03:18 PM
My Marshalls never have the sweet diaper bags, strollers, etc. ya'll post about, BUT I was happy to see these today:

Breathable Bumper (mesh white) 16.99
Kiddopotamus Single Ray Shade (navy) 9.99*
Kiddopotamus Double Ray Shade (black) 16.99*

*TRU has these prices on their site, but they're OOS.

musicalgrl
08-18-2009, 05:54 PM
I saw the breathable bumpers at TJMaxx last week...a month AFTER I bought two of them at BRU, of course! Oh well...hope this helps someone else. We really like these bumpers.

maybeebaby08
08-18-2009, 08:45 PM
They had the Sunshade singles at Marshalls in Swampscott,MA.

hellokitty
08-18-2009, 09:27 PM
I saw the breathable bumpers at TJMaxx last week...a month AFTER I bought two of them at BRU, of course! Oh well...hope this helps someone else. We really like these bumpers.

Do you like yours? I got one at TJMaxx a couple days ago, but I have a feeling that it might not stay put like it should.

doggiemom
08-18-2009, 10:19 PM
any breathable bumpers in Swampscott, I might have to run up...

Thanks.

Vintheland
08-18-2009, 10:20 PM
I saw these too! They hadnt been there before.

musicalgrl
08-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Yes, we do like the breathable bumpers a lot. I bought one for my crib at home and a second for a crib at my parent's house. DD rolls around a LOT, so although it's not a tremendous amount of padding, at least it's something to protect her head. And I feel like it's safe because of the 'breathable' part.

Although I have to admit that it was frustrating that I couldn't use the regular bumper that came with her crib set. It was soooo pretty. But, better to be safe than sorry, I guess!

srhs
08-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Do you like yours? I got one at TJMaxx a couple days ago, but I have a feeling that it might not stay put like it should.
We've had one for several months, and it's stayed put well. We do have a solid end crib, so it's only on 2 sides. I occassionally slide one of the edges back up but not frequently. It probably depends on how snug you can get it pulled.

(My only 'complaint' is that I've never washed it. I read somewhere about someone's getting all crumpled after washing, so I haven't been brave enough to try it.
Anyone wash theirs without incident?)

mskitty
08-19-2009, 03:37 PM
We've had one for several months, and it's stayed put well. We do have a solid end crib, so it's only on 2 sides. I occassionally slide one of the edges back up but not frequently. It probably depends on how snug you can get it pulled.

(My only 'complaint' is that I've never washed it. I read somewhere about someone's getting all crumpled after washing, so I haven't been brave enough to try it.
Anyone wash theirs without incident?)

We washed ours last week without any issue. It is 100% polyester. Washing instructions on our "Breathable Baby" bumper is: For best results, machine wash warm, gentle cycle. Wash separately or with like colors. Only nonchlorine bleach when needed. Tumble dry low.

mskitty

hellokitty
08-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback ladies! I think I will keep ours. We're not transitioning DS3 to the crib for a while and already in our arms reach co-sleeper, he scoots himself to the edge. So, I KNOW he will get his limbs caught when we move him to the crib (DS2 had a big problem with this, I'd go into his room to find him butt up with both legs sticking out of the crib). I think I will keep it. For $16 it seems to be worth it to avoid the aggravation of the baby getting caught up in the crib and waking himself and everyone else up.

creativelightbulb
08-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Rockville, MD - Marshalls

Last Week: I scored a Maclaren Quest for $99 - clearance, it had a bit of what looked like makeup spilled on it...it came right off with a damp rag :cheerleader1:

This Week: I saw the breathable bumpers there as well...